Author Topic: Show in India  (Read 215 times)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Show in India
« on: September 20, 2019, 02:28:50 AM »
I've seen a lot of chat on social media around the announcement of this final show - a lot of it aimed particularly at Bono. I'm not sure where i sit on this myself - but then again all countries have their own issues and no one can really be described as whiter than white? Or is just opportunistic Bono bashing (which he sometimes deserve)

Offline pan360

• Wanderer
  • The universe is beautiful but cold
Re: Show in India
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 02:53:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've seen a lot of chat on social media around the announcement of this final show - a lot of it aimed particularly at Bono. I'm not sure where i sit on this myself - but then again all countries have their own issues and no one can really be described as whiter than white? Or is just opportunistic Bono bashing (which he sometimes deserve)
I was just reading this article. They have a point, mentioning that the timing is not right for India considering the human rights violations in India. On the other hand business is business or a U2 concert should be more than that?

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 12:01:36 AM »
I was just reading this article. They have a point, mentioning that the timing is not right for India considering the human rights violations in India. On the other hand business is business or a U2 concert should be more than that?

It could of course be simply they don’t see touring on the horizon for a while after this and taking the opportunity to visit India. That said with previous ‘hiccups’ around supporting An Sung Su Chi I would expect the issues raised in the article to have been discussed. Then again it’s Guy Oseary in the chair now..

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 10:47:35 PM »
There are plenty of human rights violations in the U.S. right now as well.

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 02:15:16 PM »
So the U.S. is in the same category as India in regards to Human Rights violations? Most likely not.