Author Topic: Ryan Tedder. Again.  (Read 8138 times)

Offline Tortuga

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Ryan Tedder. Again.
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2020, 07:14:09 PM »
Agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2020, 08:32:54 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't think U2 want to work with Brian Eno or Daniel Lanois anymore because they want control.
They can push Tedder around a bit until Tedder caves in to their collective egos.
Definitely a lot too this. I think the problem with Eno and lanois is they want more credit for their work than they deserve. The flipside of that is that i think the problem with Tedder and other of the more recent producers will just let the band do whatever they want when they want and serve more as engineers than producers.
Rick Rubin loves U2 but I think he would rather have his beard shaved off than ever work with them again. When you walk in to work with Rubin, you have your songs ready to go and you play. U2's way of working is in direct opposition to Rubin's but i still think he produced the best 'sounding" song U2 has ever done.
For quite a while now, i have followed the love and  hate that  Dave Grohl has with U2. He has said some very critical things about them, and some very wonderful things about them.
I would love to see him drag them into his studio (He has the original soundboard from Sound City that almost every hit record of the 70's and 80's was recorded on) and produce their next album. I think he is a big enough fan of both them and music in general to work with them and experiment with them, but I also think he would not be afraid to hold the feet to the fire either.

Offline scott7

• Stateless
  • and still we run, we run and don't look back
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2020, 10:30:27 AM »
Dave Grohl would be interesting I agree. They need a different direction and not a pop one which Tedder does too well. Mike Peters of The Alarm should produce them.