Author Topic: Rehearsals for JT2019?  (Read 2879 times)

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
Rehearsals for JT2019?
« on: October 18, 2019, 01:27:59 PM »
Has anyone heard where U2 is rehearsing?  Only a couple of weeks out from this tour and I have not heard anything about where U2 might be gearing up!  Love hearing about songs they may be doing this tour compared to the 2017 JT Tour.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Re: Rehearsals for JT2019?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 04:00:08 PM »
It’s been very quiet come to think of it

Offline robbover

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 09:02:58 AM »
This looks like it could have been from a couple of weeks ago and they are rehearsing 'Best Thing.'
One date says 2019 and one says 2017?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 02:52:53 PM »
Seemingly a potential Lovetown revisit is on the cards

Offline cocamojoe

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 09:53:12 PM »
This looks like it could have been from a couple of weeks ago and they are rehearsing 'Best Thing.'
One date says 2019 and one says 2017?

It pretty clearly says that it was recorded in 2017 in Mexico City, but was uploaded to YouTube in 2019.

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 07:58:55 AM »
Is anyone expecting anything drastically new to the set-list? There was a tiny rumor that the screen may be upgraded.

I hope they tweak the beginning segment...possibly a new opening song, and please no Elevation or Vertigo. To me those two songs do not fit well with this tour.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 11:18:42 AM »
Is anyone expecting anything drastically new to the set-list? There was a tiny rumor that the screen may be upgraded.

I hope they tweak the beginning segment...possibly a new opening song, and please no Elevation or Vertigo. To me those two songs do not fit well with this tour.

I like the idea of War and UF songs opening the show....I like the chronology approach....before JT and after JT.  Doesn't have to be the songs from the 2017 but SBS was pretty cool in the opening spot.  I think some R&H would be a good addition, especially down under considering they saw the Lovetown Tour, I believe. 

I wonder how much SOI and SOE will be represented, if at all.

Offline cocamojoe

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 11:13:03 AM »

I like the idea of War and UF songs opening the show....I like the chronology approach....before JT and after JT.  Doesn't have to be the songs from the 2017 but SBS was pretty cool in the opening spot.  I think some R&H would be a good addition, especially down under considering they saw the Lovetown Tour, I believe. 

I wonder how much SOI and SOE will be represented, if at all.

I, too, liked the pre-JT songs prior to the album, though I do wish if they’d snuck in at least one song from either Boy or October! While probably less familiar to the casual fan, the drums of either Out Of Control or Gloria would work well, methinks! I also think that the 2017 tour was a missed opportunity to resurrect October (the song) segueing  into New Year’s Day (though I do like how they blended that perfectly into Bullet The Blue Sky on the I&E tour!).

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 02:36:07 PM »
resurrect October (the song) segueing  into New Year’s Day
yes to this...

I'd also like to see '40' return to close the shows...  was shocked that they didn't for the 2017 tour...  one of the best memories I have of the 1987 show was the crowds still singing '40' so earnestly long after the band had stopped and the people were spilling out of the stadium...

surprised to see such a tight lid on the rehearsals...  I believe that they arrived in Vancouver for 2-3 weeks of practices before opening night in 2017 so surely they've setup somewhere...  perhaps a little closer to home this time around (jetplane hangar or something nearby) for it'll be a lot of mileage to cover before Christmas...:-)

Offline touringband

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 05:27:52 AM »
U2songs reported that rehearsals took place in Monaco, and have been wrapped up. I don’t think anyone knows yet if they’ll do a full rehearsal on stage yet when they arrive in Auckland.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 10:38:11 PM »
U2songs reported that rehearsals took place in Monaco, and have been wrapped up. I don’t think anyone knows yet if they’ll do a full rehearsal on stage yet when they arrive in Auckland.

Been wondering about that myself as the stadium is very open

Offline touringband

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2019, 09:20:31 AM »

Considering the stage is already setup a week out from their first show, they’ll probably at least be testing some material I guess.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2019, 01:28:03 PM »

Considering the stage is already setup a week out from their first show, they’ll probably at least be testing some material I guess.

Sounds like they have but maybe it will be Instruments only?

Offline Boba Fett

• Stateless
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2019, 09:46:02 PM »
It appears the setlist is not deviating much from the previous iteration of this tour.

Although a surprising omission from the rehearsals so far seems to be One. Surely they wouldn't leave that song out, would they?