Author Topic: Auckland November 8th Opening Night.  (Read 392 times)

Offline gabran

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • gabran
Auckland November 8th Opening Night.
« on: November 08, 2019, 02:16:27 PM »
What a Day and Night. A beautiful day” About 2pm in GA the line Dallas drops by for a leisurely chat, you’ve got to love that man right! I scored the Pic and the pick.

Of course those from across Globe took a line number and shared our yarns with each other and began our usual banter,How many tours, where you you from, favourite songs, You’ve got the gist, I was number 268 You probably thinking that way down the line.

How ever those that stayed over night or got there early became at total of 500 and then like good Kiwi sheep we where allowed in penned for a while then in orderly fashion we where released and to the top of the tree stage I headed where I was one back from the barrier with a single digit number, So how lucky am I,

I forgot to mention a first for me the band played to some school children a number of songs,I’d say sound check but we got a great rendition of ‘Bullet the blue sky complete, and a few more, While in the holding pen ! Some real keen kiwi’s looked over the locked entrance gate to report info.

Anyways!

Long story short I’d seen the Flying birds in Dublin not my thing and sound was off for me.
None the less.As you youtube yourself you decide.

Then came the lads as stated  in the previous write up,The night began with Sunday.

Now this was my fourth JT tour, You can not compare any (Still Dublin for me I guess)
But you’ll have yours but,One tree hill seems so much more ,like SBS in Belfast yeh

At times bono would do  a number, Then in usual fashion stretch out his mic to us to finish some lines,However Auckland you need to do better tonight (second night) because as you could tell by Bono’s face we need some work,

The Band where on form,2hrs 20mins of another U2 fix,Bono said ‘We where his drug of choice’.. Well they are mine.

I wish you could have been there.Where a party of four long drive and the discussion in the car were a feast to be had by all

PS I’m sorry writing on my iPhone long drive home!

U2 always and forever

Offline arcadia

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Auckland November 8th Opening Night.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 08:02:39 PM »
Awesome, gabran! I'm jealous. There's a snippet on YouTube already, so I got to see that, at least.

"Bullet" for schoolchildren???? Oooookayyy…. :-)

Offline FiOz

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 02:47:53 AM »
Such a great show! Had the best time!  8)

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:09:02 AM »
Sounds like the kids got whatever needed to be worked on at the time.
At least it wasn't Sleep Like a Baby Tonight.
Bullet might be OK for a group of older kids. They can't have all been 7 & 8 year olds in there.

Offline ricebird5678

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: Today at 07:40:09 AM »
For those that have attended these early shows... what have been some nice surprises, letdowns, etc since the last time the lads took the stage?

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:21:18 AM »
Great too watch some YouTube vids of the boys enjoy the shows everyone