Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 67 times)

Offline arcadia

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Greetings!
« on: November 08, 2019, 08:30:22 PM »
Hi all,
What to say? Back in the day, I was lucky enough to live near a very progressive radio station that went all in for U2 the moment they appeared. (Oh, WHFS, how I miss thee.) As a result, I've been a fan of the music since I heard the first chimes of "I Will Follow", lo these many many years ago.

Never really "followed" the band much, except to fall in love again with the release of each new album (with some exceptions, but more about that later). I don't quite know how it happened, but I recently discovered all these videos of the band performing, binge-watched, and now I'm a bit, er ... obsessed. So here I am. Looks like it will take the rest of my lifetime to uncover all the goodies in this rather massive forum (and first I have to learn how to use it! Only been on one other forum in my life) but hey, what's time for if not to spend it? :-)

Any advice on where to browse first? I'm mostly interested in discussions of the albums and songs, not so much (yet, at least) personal or publicity type stuff. (Although I will blushingly admit to having spent an inordinate amount of time in the "Edge is too cool" thread recently ahem.) Or just whatever folks think is too nifty to miss.