Author Topic: Tough night in Seoul  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Wanderer
Re: Tough night in Seoul
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 08:20:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It is the idiots that had a violent drunken brawl in the GA at the concert I was at that spoil it, no care as to who they hurt if they got in the way!  Some guy was knocked unconscious and carted off to hospital.  Seriously! Just a Bono was doing his spiel about memorable women of history.

it is unfortunate that the most memorable experience of a historic show has to be crap like this...  some people shouldn't be allowed in public period...  drunken or not...:-)

Offline daveyg

• Refugee
Re: Tough night in Seoul
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2020, 07:19:08 AM »
Reminds me of seeing the 360 sets of gigs in Dublin back in '09. My sister and brother-in-law came with me one night in GA - their first U2 gig - and the pointed out that they seemed a friendly crowd. Although there was pints being drunk all around, everyone seemed to be chatting away to each other when not singing, and no aggression.

I was asked by my brother-in-law "I guess you've never seen a fight at a U2 gig?" (my first was JT '87, and every set of U2 gigs since in Dublin).

"Nope. Not a single one"

With that, there was a crack, and a guy flying vertically in front of us and dropped on the ground. followed by his aggressor and followed by security.

"well, this is a first for both of us so" responded by bro-in-law. :)