Author Topic: Membership Renewal Question  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Zimmy1987

• Wanderer
Membership Renewal Question
« on: December 19, 2019, 09:24:53 AM »
My membership expires on January 8, 2020. I have received the notice to renew.  However, the gift in the membership renewal is the Innocence+Experience live album. I already own that.  I don't want to have my membership lapse, but I also don't want this duplicate gift.  I don't think another gift will be announced before January 8th. Does anyone have experience in dealing with this?

Offline Zimmy1987

• Wanderer
Re: Membership Renewal Question
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 10:54:35 AM »
U2.com presented a solution.

"So sorry for the confusion but you can renew you can renew your membership and then you can reach out to us to have your account added to a tracker when the new 2020 gift has been announced. This will allow us to ship the 2020 gift when it becomes available for shipping."

Offline pan360

• Wanderer
  • The universe is beautiful but cold
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 03:04:43 AM »
My membership was supposed to expire a couple of days ago but they extended the subscription until the 30th of January without any action from me. I believe that they did so to avoid losing paid members as most probably they plan to announce the 2020 gift within January.

Offline Lizard

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Heard a song that made some sense out of the world
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 11:03:35 AM »
I had the same question and reached out to the support a while ago. This is the answer I got, which did not really answer my question:

Thanks for reaching out, Iíd be more than happy to see what we can do to help.

We suggest you renew your membership so you do not loss your status and once the 2020 gift is announced we can switch it for you.

We do apologize for any inconvenience and hope you have a great day.

If you need anything else, just reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Agustin

Fan Support

Today I was going to renew my membership - just in order not to loose my status. The account now shows that my membership expires on Jan 31 2020. So I'll just make a screenshot of that and hope that new information will come up in january. Hm....

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 01:09:34 PM »
The gift is 4 commemorative plates!

Offline what!

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 02:24:51 PM »
Iíve let my subscription expire a few times. I used to get phone calls to renew. I donít remember the last time I got one. Iím trying to figure out how to renew my subscription if I havenít let it expire again. Thanks

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 09:45:33 AM »
1-800-615-1324 or +1-949-333-4280.