Author Topic: Head Hunting?  (Read 688 times)

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Wanderer
Head Hunting?
« on: December 22, 2019, 03:43:34 PM »
I keep getting messages from someone with the tag 'EvilBono' (0 posts, by the way) attempting to get me to spend time on another U2 site instead of this one...  here's the latest one from yesterday:

"Looking pretty empty in here isn't it? Most of the active members migrated to talku2.com a couple of years ago and never came back."

being a suggestions forum and all...  how about new users being prevented from even using the private messaging feature until they've proven themselves with a minimum amount of posts?...  the current setup is wide open for exploitation here...  what makes it worse is that my personal email is notified as well...

as for it "Looking pretty empty in here"?  well, the other sites can't be too busy either if they're soliciting new members like this...  The Joshua Tree Tour just came to an end...  it's the holidays...  people are busy right now...:-)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Re: Head Hunting?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 04:49:10 PM »
Billy - thanks for the heads up - Iíll look into it as well as your proposal.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 11:21:02 PM »
I left talku2 due to the right wing zealots/conspiracy theorists.  Unfortunate, but it was unbearable.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 08:05:42 PM »
It's almost like people have the freedom to join and leave Web forums as they so choose sometimes...

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 08:27:14 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's almost like people have the freedom to join and leave Web forums as they so choose sometimes...

Indeed and thatís the way it should be. Of their own free will. Sending PMís by one of the TalkU2 Mod team using a fake account here on the other hand is slightly desperate I would suggest.

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 09:11:31 PM »
Completely agree. I was responding to shine.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 02:11:59 AM »
Completely agree. I was responding to shine.

Ah right my bad - missed that - I guess Iím still slightly bemused at TalkU2. Forums are forums - people come and go yet TalkU2 feel the need to try and actively recruit from here. Defeats the purpose I guess but it is what it is. 

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 02:43:45 AM »
Both forums serve a purpose. I don't understand the 'recruiting' approach though. Bit like going to someone's house and drinking milk from the carton.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 06:26:48 PM »

Indeed and thatís the way it should be. Of their own free will. Sending PMís by one of the TalkU2 Mod team using a fake account here on the other hand is slightly desperate I would suggest.

Except no one on the TalkU2 mod team has created a fake account on here and recruited members. I know my mods and aside from in 2017 telling people that our place existed when this place shut down, our mods/admins have NOT messaged anyone here to "recruit" them. I really don't appreciate the suggestion that we do this when we don't. Ultimately, we cannot control what our members do so perhaps one of them decided to send PMs. We don't condone it.

I left talku2 due to the right wing zealots/conspiracy theorists.  Unfortunate, but it was unbearable.

Except there are posts from both political sides and everywhere in between. That's what happens with an open forum. I also don't like this falsehood being spread about our forum on another forum. If you have a problem with our forum, come on over and talk to one of the admins or mods.

Personally, I wish the best for @u2. We started our forum because @u2 shut down their forums in 2017 and people needed a place to go. A lot of members have stuck around and more have joined. I don't see why there needs to be bashing of either place when we ultimately both exist as gathering spots for the fans.  :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 06:28:51 PM by tigerfan41 »

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 06:44:34 PM »

I don't see why there needs to be bashing of either place when we ultimately both exist as gathering spots for the fans.  :)

True. I like both places but this made me laugh given there is a whole thread on talku2 bashing interference.com...

:-)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 10:58:33 PM »

Except no one on the TalkU2 mod team has created a fake account on here and recruited members. I know my mods and aside from in 2017 telling people that our place existed when this place shut down, our mods/admins have NOT messaged anyone here to "recruit" them. I really don't appreciate the suggestion that we do this when we don't. Ultimately, we cannot control what our members do so perhaps one of them decided to send PMs. We don't condone it.

Except there are posts from both political sides and everywhere in between. That's what happens with an open forum. I also don't like this falsehood being spread about our forum on another forum. If you have a problem with our forum, come on over and talk to one of the admins or mods.

Personally, I wish the best for @u2. We started our forum because @u2 shut down their forums in 2017 and people needed a place to go. A lot of members have stuck around and more have joined. I don't see why there needs to be bashing of either place when we ultimately both exist as gathering spots for the fans.  :)

Tigerfan - I am happy to pick this conversation up off line. I can assure you Iím not making this stuff up - I have no need to. As for bashing TalkU2 - until the OP asked the question your site hasnít been mentioned. Iíve read some of the stuff on your site and @atu2 seems to get regular  mentions - the other place or atu2 openly used and not in favourable terms.  I can assure you I have way more important stuff to be worrying about than this.

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 11:07:04 PM »

our mods/admins have NOT messaged anyone here to "recruit" them. I really don't appreciate the suggestion that we do this when we don't. Ultimately, we cannot control what our members do so perhaps one of them decided to send PMs. We don't condone it.

well someone did and created an account here (EvilBono) with the sole purpose (0 posts) of attempting to target myself personally with multiple private messages...  truth be known, the attempts appeared to have stopped after shining a spotlight on 'em here (best way to deal with cockroaches...;-), but these overtures date back to late summer/early fall and I did ignore them at first...  your "mods/admins" would be well advised to deal with this behaviour for it's backfired for this particular poster...  they've ruined any curiosity that I might've had about your site and won't be checking it out as a result...  I've enjoyed my short time here thusfar and don't see any need to look elsewhere...

If you have a problem with our forum, come on over and talk to one of the admins or mods

this wreaks of yet another desperate attempt at shifting attention over to yourselves...  what's wrong with discussing it here?...  your very own EvilBono knocked on this door, and now we're supposed to just follow you home 'cuz you claim to have more porridge at your house?...

nice try and best of luck...:-)
[/quote]

Offline daveyg

• Refugee
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 12:20:18 AM »
I received a "Most of the active members her migrated to TalkU2 a long time ago. Youíd get more activity on your posts if you migrated over there. Just a suggestion" last October from "EvilBono". I didn't respond, and got no further requests. It turned me off even checking the site out in fact, but hey.

Offline Luzita

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2020, 08:01:22 AM »
I received the exact same message from EvilBono, also in October. I thought it was weird but just ignored it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk