Author Topic: Pearl Jam N America Tour this Spring!  (Read 111 times)

Offline noelle510

• Refugee
  • Anytime you're on the earth...is kissing time
Pearl Jam N America Tour this Spring!
« on: January 15, 2020, 09:49:24 AM »
yay
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Mozz

• Babyface
Re: Pearl Jam N America Tour this Spring!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 08:03:30 AM »
Anyone else think the new Pearl Jam song sounds like The Blackout but without the stadium-sized chorus?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 07:41:41 AM »
It is in the same vein of being 'out of focus'. Who You Are by Pearl Jam came to mind when I first heard it.

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 09:17:11 AM »
Not to sound like a hipster, but I was one of the first people I knew who had "Ten," mainly because I was a huge Soundgarden fan at the time and was interested on what this band would sound like after Mother Love Bone.  I'd say I'm somebody who highly, highly respects them as a band, but it's just not the sound I prefer to listen to at this point in my life, or willingly "put on" when I'm listening to music (however, I typically don't skip if they come up on random either).

But I listened to "Dance of the Clairvoyants" last night and was quite impressed.  I still need to listen to it a few more times, but it really surprised me, in a good way.  I don't consider myself to be any sort of expert on Pearl Jam by any measure, so I don't know if they've done this sort of sound before or if it's just a radically new thing for them, but I quite enjoyed the new tune.