Author Topic: Subscription's almost out; not feeling like renewing; thoughts?  (Read 605 times)

Offline DCexplorer

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Subscription's almost out; not feeling like renewing; thoughts?
« on: February 29, 2020, 11:42:47 AM »
Well, my U2.com subscription is almost run out... and I'm not really feeling the urge to renew, for a few reasons:

1. I already have an e&i show on blu-ray; why would I want a DVD version?
2. No concert tours are eminent, and the "pre-sales" process has been so convoluted and confusing anyway.
3. Forty bucks is forty bucks.
4. Not really a user of the 25-percent-off coupons.

Who else is going to let it lapse this year?

Offline pan360

• Wanderer
  • The universe is beautiful but cold
Re: Subscription's almost out; not feeling like renewing; thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 10:24:54 PM »
We don't have a Blue-ray/ DVD of the e+i tour, we only have one from the i+e tour, which has many differences. The show in Berlin is worth having. My subscription was also expiring now and I wasn't sure if I wanted to renew but I decided to do so. My only concern was that if they released a deluxe edition of the show commercially that would include a Blue Ray, I would want to buy it so why renewing for the dvd? U2songs mentions that there are no plans for this year to release the show commercially and u2.com plans a high resolution streaming of the show. I guess these could be reasons to renew.

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 04:59:31 PM »
Ewww. A high resolution streaming of the concert on their website. Why would I want that. My computer isn't hooked up to my TV and surround system as I'm sure very few people's are and even still I don't have a 4K computer. I don't get that at all. Almost worse than giving us a DVD. Maybe they'll do a deluxe pack with a VHS and dual cassette.

Offline Jarasang

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 09:39:06 AM »
Never had a problem getting tickets. And if you add up all the membership fees in between tours it makes those $60 GA tickets something closer to $200, cheaper to use a scalper !

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 12:22:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A high resolution streaming of the concert on their website. Why would I want that. My computer isn't hooked up to my TV and surround system as I'm sure very few people's are and even still I don't have a 4K computer. I don't get that at all. Almost worse than giving us a DVD. Maybe they'll do a deluxe pack with a VHS and dual cassette.
tongue in cheek there but mountains of truth...  a great song don't need Dolby 69.9 to come across...  a Transistor Radio would suffice...  most listen to their music on earbuds...  why cater to elitists?...:-)

Offline habib2343

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 03:03:42 PM »
wait ...i'm confused, so there's not going to be a commercial dvd release? why make it only available to subscribers....as others have pointed out, the band are unlikely to announce a major tour after completing four of them in four years , a commercially dvd release will retail at 15....is all of this designed to keep the u2 machine ticking over in lull periods such as now...?

Offline pan360

• Wanderer
  • The universe is beautiful but cold
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 05:59:34 AM »
The Joshua Tree DVD/Blu-ray will be released commercially this year. I reckon that the Berlin show will be eventually released next year as part of something bigger... A Best of collection may be?