Author Topic: Bono on charismatic religion and rock n roll  (Read 699 times)

Offline dpinkston

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Bono on charismatic religion and rock n roll
« on: April 01, 2020, 10:01:47 AM »
I'm looking for help tracking down a Bono quote (for an article I'm writing).  I read once where he said that charismatic Christian worship and rock n roll both look good on a screen, something that attracted him to both.

Does anyone know where that was said?  I need the source.

Thank!!!

Offline Karmamalaga

• Wanderer
Re: Bono on charismatic religion and rock n roll
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 06:29:46 AM »
Hello,

You are writing an article for what? An article needs to publish its sources, and here, one is more or less anynomous. @u2 wouldn't suffice as a source, in my opinion. Is it for a religious paper, the KKK or your hindu school paper in grade seven? Moreover, what do you consider charismatic religion?

Cheers!

Offline 13

• Babyface
  • The heart is a bloom.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 01:09:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm looking for help tracking down a Bono quote (for an article I'm writing).  I read once where he said that charismatic Christian worship and rock n roll both look good on a screen, something that attracted him to both.

Thank!!!
Sorry, I took a look in a couple of places, but couldn't find it either. Good luck with your paper, hope you find, ahem, what you're looking for.

Offline Luzita

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 08:00:57 PM »
Sorry. Iíve read and watched quite a few Bono interviews but that quote does not ring a bell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheFlyPNW

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 03:37:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thank!!!

Hi,
Iím a Master of Divinity candidate at Yale University. The paper sounds interesting. Iím sorry for the sarcasm and rudeness youíve experienced in one of the replies above. Iíve looked through all of my vast resources through the Yale Divinity library and canít find anything exactly like the quote you mention.

It sounds like a tongue-in-cheek ZooTV-era observation, when Bono was making a commentary on televangelism with the gold suit during ďDesire.Ē
Good luck.