Author Topic: New Bono / U2 Doco  (Read 528 times)

Offline BonoU2Doco

• Stranger in a Strange Land
New Bono / U2 Doco
« on: May 16, 2020, 06:12:35 AM »
Hello all. I'm a filmmaker / videomaker / editor and sometimes writer.

In these lockdown times I have gone about cutting a Bono / U2 doco. I have always felt there has never been a great U2 doco. I'm not saying this could be it. Nevertheless - the original idea was that the whole doco would be in Bonos words through the years. I think it would be a very interesting way of seeing his and the bands evolution. I welcome anyones Feedback (get it?)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I'm on Twitter - @ MrStephenORegan and please subscribe to my channel for ongoing updates.

Offline goldtoad

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
Re: New Bono / U2 Doco
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 10:19:37 AM »

Best of luck with your project. 

This prompted me to do a quick check of documentaries about U2.  This is a good one about their first three albums. 

If U2 are looking for inspiration for their next album, instead of looking elsewhere, they could look at the recapturing the energy they had in the sound of their first three albums. 

Offline Luzita

• Intellectual Tortoise
New Bono / U2 Doco
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 10:11:14 PM »
Very nice documentary. I love early U2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 09:32:21 PM by Luzita »

Offline 13

• Babyface
  • The heart is a bloom.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 07:55:03 AM »
Hello all. I'm a filmmaker / videomaker / editor and sometimes writer.

In these lockdown times I have gone about cutting a Bono / U2 doco. I have always felt there has never been a great U2 doco. I'm not saying this could be it. Nevertheless - the original idea was that the whole doco would be in Bonos words through the years. I think it would be a very interesting way of seeing his and the bands evolution. I welcome anyones Feedback (get it?)

I'm on Twitter - @ MrStephenORegan and please subscribe to my channel for ongoing updates.

Hi, I watched it, I think you're on to something there. But if you want to reach a wider audience, I think it would work better with a narrative of some kind ... something to explain when, where and what they are doing, and why it's important to their history. It doesn't have to be spoken, just titles would work. Make them graphically interesting and use them to help tie the scenes together.

And more music. :)

Offline SwimmingSorrows

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Some folks are bound for glory, I was Born to Hang
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 09:32:57 AM »
This was pretty well-done.  I like that there's no narration, but I agree that it could use more of a narrative through-line. 

Offline Luzita

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 09:39:11 PM »
Are you planning to stick to the early years or go through their whole career? Doing their entire career would be cool since it’s such a long career and it’s the same 4 people. If you’re going to do that, you may want to choose the clips judiciously, so it doesn’t get too long.

I agree with the other commenters it would be good to have a theme or narrative that you’re focused on, which would also help when choosing clips. How much they’ve changed? How much they haven’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk