Author Topic: Your favorite intro song or intro in general to Where the Streets live ?  (Read 416 times)

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
A lot of us have had the amazing experience of this I'm sure, what's been your favorite segue way into streets?

For show I went to I have to say: Amazing Grace into Streets during the 2009 360 tour.

The one I wish I saw is already listed on this topic forum, 2009 Walk On/Never Walk Alone/Streets only played at a few shows.

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Wanderer
The New Years Eve show that rang in the 1990's where they sung 'Auld Lang Syne' overtop of the same cathedral organ before 'Where The Streets No Name's riveting opening was top notch...  the performance begins right at Midnight and the Irish crowd is going absolutely nuts...  they even played 'God (Part II)' on this night...:-)

Offline SwimmingSorrows

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Some folks are bound for glory, I was Born to Hang
Slane

Offline TheOriginal

• Babyface
Top 2 would be:

Please into Streets (Popmart)

RTSS into Streets (Zoo TV)

Please as an angry, dark song pleading for love works so well transitioning into Streets (ditto for RTSS to a lesser degree). Really, really heavy and powerful. Wish they would bring back Please.

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
I have always loved RTSS into Streets from Zoo TV. Very magical. Slane is pretty awesome too with AIWIY. I also think Streets is their best opening song too and love the version on R&H movie in that regard. Not sure there is a bad segue into Streets.

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Wanderer
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Not sure there is a bad segue into Streets.

the only time "there is a bad segue" is when Bono preaches overtop the haunting intro...  not a big fan of the 30th Anniversary 'Joshua Tree Tour' shows where he ruins the moment by insisting on yapping overtop of the organ...  the band spends the first part of the show building towards this moment only to have Bono kill it...  he got it right in Vancouver on opening night by talking at the end of 'Pride (In The Name of Love)'...  not only a more suitable time but the Martin Luther King banter suits this song much better...  the crowd chanting while segueing into the cathedral organ and no Bono is excellent but, unfortunately, just about every show after that he deciding that talking overtop of the intro was better for only reasons he would know...:-)

Offline LToy

• Party Girl/Boy
Love Town Tour 1989-90. Towards the end of the second leg of this tour, Bono would recite excerpts from either Kerouac's On The Road or recite lines from the poem Resolution and Independence as a segue into Streets. Those were the most artistic intros.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 02:01:15 PM by LToy »