Author Topic: Underwhelmed so far by U2 X-Radio on Sirius XM  (Read 376 times)

Offline JaraSangASongAWeapon

• Party Girl/Boy
  • And the moon turned red over One Tree Hill
Underwhelmed so far by U2 X-Radio on Sirius XM
« on: July 20, 2020, 12:25:00 PM »
I've listened on/off the past couple of weeks since its debut. I enjoyed the Edge talk show and Paul Oakenfold's "Discotheque" slot. I haven't really immersed myself and just kept it on all day across devices. But from the time I've spent with it, frankly I'm a little underwhelmed by it. Do we need Matthew McConaughey playing "New Year's Day" or do we really need to hear "One" or "Stuck In A Moment"? It seems like most of the playlists and overall content are aimed at casual fans or growing a new audience. Maybe they will add a "Deep Cuts Only" hour? I would be thrilled to hear "Indian Summer Sky" followed by "Luminous Times".

Offline GoldenStateGirl

• Stateless
  • As the moon spins around, I need your love
Re: Underwhelmed so far by U2 X-Radio on Sirius XM
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 09:19:15 PM »
Being stuck at home, I've listened a lot.  It feels heavy on the hits (Beautiful Day, Pride, Sunday Bloody Sunday etc) and I also crave more deep tracks.

I love the Elevation show and Discotheque show. 

Offline superdragtn

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 08:57:38 AM »
I've enjoyed the actual programming: Edge's talks, guest DJs, etc.  But I agree the in between material has been mostly better known things and it seems to repeat a lot of songs.  I'd love for it to get into some live shows, more b-sides, alternate versions, etc. 

One benefit for me is that its shaken up my U2 listening habits.  I typically will put an album on and just go with it.  Its nice to hear songs from different albums mixed together.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 10:02:33 PM »
Interesting to hear opinion as obviously us Europeans can’t access it yet