Author Topic: ATYCLB REISSUE  (Read 566 times)

Offline habib2343

• Stateless
ATYCLB REISSUE
« on: August 04, 2020, 11:18:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hello All,

So i guess everybody is or will soon be aware about the looming atyclb reissue coming up in the autumn. I suspect this ie the beginning of an intensive reissue program over the next 10 years from the band. I suspect there will be a box package with the album, b sides, 2 live dvds and outtakes- the latter I'm most interested in . Judging by recent interviews with Edge and Adam, I suspect AB will be getting its turn in the next couple of years. Then I think HDTAAB will be next, those 10m+ sales plus multiple grammies shouldn't go to waste and then in 2027 -POP reissue....

A large portion of these potential box sets, the majority of fans will own, however undiscovered gems are lurking in their vaults,,,,which should give us more of an insight into the U2 creative process, maybe now POP will finally be finished as intended, without no looming stadium tour pressing on them to finish it up....

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Re: ATYCLB REISSUE
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 11:19:45 PM »
Iím not sure they will go back and revisit Pop - itís part of them and part of what made them them so why tinker may be their thinking

Offline shorne

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Two crap albums in a row and we're done...
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 11:39:13 AM »
a little disappointed that the live stuff wonít be the complete boston show.  but ... thatís what they do... copy and paste the dvd to cd.

Offline shorne

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Two crap albums in a row and we're done...
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 02:15:38 PM »
Iím really disappointed actually... i was hoping a stadium show would have been released but this is just a rehash of the boston dvd and not even including the tracks that were cut. frustrating.

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 07:02:00 PM »
Pretty disappointing reissue. Firstly, it is one of my least favourite albums and there isn't anything new with the b-sides. At least give us 1 never before heard song (remixes don't count). And it would have been better to get a different live show but it is what it is. And I think this does mean that Pop will never get any special reissue which is just sad.

Offline LToy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 07:32:38 PM »
Honestly I already have most, if not all, of the limited editions of the singles & plenty of high quality boots from the Elevation Tour that this 20th Anniversary reissue is just redundant. I'll just wait for the price on Amazon to drop to rock bottom remainder levels.

Offline halcyonandon

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 04:16:15 AM »
Gah, this is galling. What is it with U2 and releasing incomplete concerts? Genuine question: I'm flicking through them in my faulty memory but has there ever been a complete concert DVD/BD/album release from U2? At first I thought Zoo TV from Sydney was an exception but even that one dropped Trying To Throw Your Arms..... Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious; like I say, faulty memory!

Offline halcyonandon

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 04:36:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Gah, this is galling. What is it with U2 and releasing incomplete concerts? Genuine question: I'm flicking through them in my faulty memory but has there ever been a complete concert DVD/BD/album release from U2? At first I thought Zoo TV from Sydney was an exception but even that one dropped Trying To Throw Your Arms..... Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious; like I say, faulty memory!

Stupid me, I've just realised of course they've released complete concerts before. PopMart for starters (now there's a re-release I'd like to see). But there are some irritating cuts to many others...