Author Topic: after the album... mindless speculation on the tour?  (Read 4747 times)

Offline YourBlueRoom

• Stranger in a Strange Land
after the album... mindless speculation on the tour?
« on: November 17, 2008, 12:50:28 PM »
I think they will start with a European Tour, and with Slane  ;D
But then, will it be an arena tour??

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
Re: after the album... mindless speculation on the tour?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 01:08:07 PM »
Of late they have started the tour in the US in the arena's then moved out doors in Europe in the summer. So i should think the next tour will follow a similar formula . Though it depends on when the album is released . If its late on in 09 they could miss the European summer and would have to go indoors . They don't tend to do the stadiums in the US since POPMART .
And last tour they didn't play any indoor shows outside of the US so maybe they might want to do a arena tour of Europe next time ?!
There's also rumours of them playing the 02 arena in London and Croke park in Dublin !

mariamontreal

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 02:21:19 PM »
Summer in Europe outdoors and heading to Canada & U.S. indoors that would bring them around the fall period - hard to say .

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 06:39:28 PM »
I think at least part of the North American portion of the tour will take place in stadiums.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think at least part of the North American portion of the tour will take place in stadiums.

I think most/all of the North American tour will be stadiums. :)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 02:57:29 AM »
Stadiums are fine - just hope they try and choose those with the best sound. They played hampden park in Glasgow and the sound was pretty grim!

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 04:11:41 AM »
i think we all know the standard procedure for tourslately. spring tour us indoor arena's ,few shows in europe which willl be stadiums and then back to the states for another tour including indoor and outdoor shows, maybe stopping in south america near xmas.could be worse we could be in the southern hemisphere and not know when it will be your turn.  an extensive indoor tour of the uk would be great but im not holding my breathe   ;)

Offline TheFly

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 06:54:29 AM »
If the album comes in March, i reckon there'll be something of a tour in North America the same month, if only for four or five weeks, because, i think, there'll definitely be a Summer European tour next year which will probably kick off end of May or beginning of June. Then there'll be a second leg for North America. It'll be the usual pattern.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 09:28:34 AM »
Agreed which makes you think we could see action kicking up on a new single soon?

Offline mattyk

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 05:38:20 PM »
They've said on numerous occasions (esp in U2byU2) that they were disappointed that they didn't do a stadium tour of N America during the Vertigo tour as the European (and South American/antipodean) stadium shows were so good. I'd be surprised if they don't do stadiums in the USA. The band, PMG, their producers are all saying that this is a big record and they want "2009 to be U2's year", so they'll want to follow that up with a big tour, a headline-grabbing, big-money, high-profile show and that screams out for stadium shows. And there's noone in the music world who can do a stadium better than U2.

Just hoping that they bring the tour down under...

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 06:49:50 PM »
Oh NO, stadium shows!  I despise them.  I'm counting on Madison Square Garden.  That is a special place for U2.  They've even said so. 

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 06:53:39 PM »
Based on that LiveNation survey from a few years back, I'd guess they're playing stadiums in the US (but I have my fingers crossed for arenas).  I think the tour will start in the summer.

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 01:53:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They've said on numerous occasions (esp in U2byU2) that they were disappointed that they didn't do a stadium tour of N America during the Vertigo tour as the European (and South American/antipodean) stadium shows were so good. I'd be surprised if they don't do stadiums in the USA. The band, PMG, their producers are all saying that this is a big record and they want "2009 to be U2's year", so they'll want to follow that up with a big tour, a headline-grabbing, big-money, high-profile show and that screams out for stadium shows. And there's noone in the music world who can do a stadium better than U2.

Just hoping that they bring the tour down under...
the us can have the stadium shows and the uk will gladly swop for an extended arena tour :P

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 05:36:03 PM »
Do you guys really think they can still sell out stadiums in the US?  I love them as much as anyone here on the forum but really, are there THAT many fans for a nationwide stadium tour?  I'm still hoping for arenas even if it means they have to admit that their popularity is not what it was in the 90's.