Author Topic: Priority Ticketing for the Tour  (Read 8662 times)

Offline spanner

• Numb
Re: Priority Ticketing for the Tour
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 04:54:26 AM »
i posted this in another thread
I'VE BEEN TRUDGING THROUGH THERE WEBSITE AND APPARENTLY THE PRESALE IS DONE ON HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN A MEMBER SO THATS WHY THERE IS THREE LEVELS... THE ONE GOOD POINT THOUGH THERE IS NO CUT OFF POINT TO BE A MEMBER YOU CAN STILL JOIN ,YOU WILL JUST JOIN PRESALE DATE LAST !

Offline dangerous and honest

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Outside its a car park! Outside its a car park!
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 05:01:35 AM »
Bearing in mind that the 'public on-sale date' shown for Milan and Gothenburg is this coming Friday, they will need to send out pre-sale emails quite quickly, especially if there are 3 seperate pre-sale levels with 3 different pre-sale days.

Fingers crossed for some email news soon then!

Offline DrBoogerloo

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • Cardiff 2005 was awesome in the circle
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 05:17:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'VE BEEN TRUDGING THROUGH THERE WEBSITE AND APPARENTLY THE PRESALE IS DONE ON HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN A MEMBER SO THATS WHY THERE IS THREE LEVELS... THE ONE GOOD POINT THOUGH THERE IS NO CUT OFF POINT TO BE A MEMBER YOU CAN STILL JOIN ,YOU WILL JUST JOIN PRESALE DATE LAST !

So if I joined a couple of months back would you expect me to be 2nd tier?

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 05:22:37 AM »

So if I joined a couple of months back would you expect me to be 2nd tier?

i guess it depends on what length of time there usiung for the first critera ! im not even sure what level i fit into.i joined when it started but let my subs lapse for a while before renewing late last year

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 05:34:37 AM »
Have just read the info again
Presale works like this
Day 1 Horizon members get first stab at the tickets (presumably the oldest members, from when it is measured who knows? But let's hope it is just over one year)

Day 2 morning Breathe members join Horizon members in the sale

and finally,
Day 2 afternoon  Boots members get let into the mix with everyone else , hoovering up the scraps !!!
(Booters will probably be folk who joined for the first time after the new website went up)

Day 3 everyone in the presale can still buy tix

There will be three days of presale buying available though.

So there isn't a great advantage of Breathe over Boots . The big deal is being a Horizon member.

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 05:37:39 AM »
i've been a member since it started but didn't renew my last subs til late last year,wonder where i come :P

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 05:43:25 AM »
Hey guys, I joined last week and already have a presale code. Did you try signing in to u2.com and then clicking on "tours" (not the 360 website). My code is there. It's possible it won't work until day 2 or something.

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 05:45:29 AM »
I have 5 consecutive years from Nov 2004 , so hopefully that qualifies me for Horizon membership.
Can't see anywhere on the website that says what the criteria is, maybe just have to wait for the e-mail.

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 05:50:18 AM »
I have 5 consecutive years from Nov 2004 , so hopefully that qualifies me for Horizon membership.
Can't see anywhere on the website that says what the criteria is, maybe just have to wait for the e-mail.

yeah i was a member from before last tour,just not sure if my not renewing straight away will mean i've become a new member ? i'll we'll find out soon enough

Offline roseundconcrete

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 06:10:05 AM »
This was in the announcement section over @ u2.com

Ok party people, here is some info

Keep checking back to this specific post, as it will be updated with more info to help make the presales go smoothly. Please copy and distribute to any and all fan websites or mailing lists you are on.

READ THE ENTIRE POST, THEN READ IT AGAIN

WOO HOO!!!! The tour has been announced

So on your marks, get ready, GO!!!!

Questions? Yes, I know you have many, and as soon as I am given the OK, ill post the explanations. But I can tell you that the access to the pre-sale will be based on seniority with U2.com. Seniority IS NOT, REPEAT NOT based on your member number. WHY? Because there are a LOT of users that have a low #, (which is just the # on your account and when you signed up for U2.com) but let their accounts expire, so they go to the back of the line.

IF YOU WERE A PAID SUBSCRIBER AS OF 3/08/09 YOU WILL BE IN EITHER DAY 1 OR DAY 2 OF THE PRESALE

Also, there is NO cut-off date for access to the pre-sale. If you open a paid account on U2.com you will get a presale code. However, depending on your seniority, is when you will be able to buy your pre-sale tickets. So, the most senior members get first crack, which means best choice (SEE ABOVE).

I will be collating the questions I see in the forum and answering them IN THIS POST. So please check back often.

If you have not gotten the email, DON'T WORRY (I haven't either, LOL) we send them out in batches or we would crash the system. Also, the codes are being loaded into the system, so please give us a day to get it done. It WILL be there. Links to the tour pre-sales will be emailed AND posted on the site, so you are covered. UPDATE : I have just been informed that emails will START to be sent in the next few minutes, please give it a day. CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER!!!!!!

If you are having problems with access, please know we are working furiously to fix the technical issues, if you have messaged me or posted, you are good.

Lastly, due to the number of messages I am receiving, if you PM a question that is answered in any of the FEATURED TOPICS, I will delete it. So please READ THIS ENTIRE POST AND CHECK BACK OFTEN FOR UPDATES

Did you you like the stage set up?

Baja

3/09/09

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 06:17:56 AM »
From talking to some friends and comparing my presale code with theirs, it seems to work as follows:

1) I was originally a Propaganda member, my code has an "A" after U2 in the presale password.

2) One friend joined earlier this year and he has a "B" after the U2 in the presale code.

3) Another friend just joined yesterday in preparation for the tour announcement and he got a "C" before U2 in the presale code.

So, please note I am just specualting here, but it looks like A is Horizon subscriber, B is a Breathe subscriber and C is a Boots Subscriber.

What is unclear at this point, is what the cutoff is between Horizon member and Breathe member.

But it is clear that anyone who joined in recent days will only get a BOOTS susscriber status. This is good, and the lessons of 2005 are being learned. They are doing as much as they can to make sure long time fan club members are being looked after.

They say by the way on the u2.com forum, that e-mails are being sent out in batches, so as not to crash the system, so don't worry if you haven't got yours yet, (I haven't got mine either) but I can see my presale code when I log in. The e-mail (when it does come)will confirm which subscription status you have, Hroizon,Breathe or Boots.

Again speculating, From the European gig listing it looks like Milan and Gothenburg could start their presales tomorrow(Tuesday March 10th) as Tuesday(10th), Wednesday(11th) and Thursday(12th) will be the 3 day period of presales before the public sale next Friday.

Offline DrBoogerloo

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2009, 06:19:45 AM »
This was in the announcement section over @ u2.com

Ok party people, here is some info

Keep checking back to this specific post, as it will be updated with more info to help make the presales go smoothly. Please copy and distribute to any and all fan websites or mailing lists you are on.

READ THE ENTIRE POST, THEN READ IT AGAIN

WOO HOO!!!! The tour has been announced

So on your marks, get ready, GO!!!!

Questions? Yes, I know you have many, and as soon as I am given the OK, ill post the explanations. But I can tell you that the access to the pre-sale will be based on seniority with U2.com. Seniority IS NOT, REPEAT NOT based on your member number. WHY? Because there are a LOT of users that have a low #, (which is just the # on your account and when you signed up for U2.com) but let their accounts expire, so they go to the back of the line.

IF YOU WERE A PAID SUBSCRIBER AS OF 3/08/09 YOU WILL BE IN EITHER DAY 1 OR DAY 2 OF THE PRESALE

Also, there is NO cut-off date for access to the pre-sale. If you open a paid account on U2.com you will get a presale code. However, depending on your seniority, is when you will be able to buy your pre-sale tickets. So, the most senior members get first crack, which means best choice (SEE ABOVE).

I will be collating the questions I see in the forum and answering them IN THIS POST. So please check back often.

If you have not gotten the email, DON'T WORRY (I haven't either, LOL) we send them out in batches or we would crash the system. Also, the codes are being loaded into the system, so please give us a day to get it done. It WILL be there. Links to the tour pre-sales will be emailed AND posted on the site, so you are covered. UPDATE : I have just been informed that emails will START to be sent in the next few minutes, please give it a day. CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER!!!!!!

If you are having problems with access, please know we are working furiously to fix the technical issues, if you have messaged me or posted, you are good.

Lastly, due to the number of messages I am receiving, if you PM a question that is answered in any of the FEATURED TOPICS, I will delete it. So please READ THIS ENTIRE POST AND CHECK BACK OFTEN FOR UPDATES

Did you you like the stage set up?

Baja

3/09/09

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:23:17 AM by DrBoogerloo »

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2009, 06:22:06 AM »
So we know who the Boots members are, they are fans who have joined after 8th March ie after the tour announcement.

Sad news for people who have been members for a lot of years missed their expiry date and had to rejoin. But it's very very unlikely that you will miss out on tickets. You will still be ahead of the rabble who have joined after the tour announcement, which could be a lot of people as the U2 tour is BIG news , radio , newspapers are all giving it headline news ,.....

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2009, 06:28:36 AM »
If the A B C is correct,
My membership 5 years in a row from Dec 2004 is A
but so is my friend's which is two years in a row from Nov 07  it's also A

Let's hope it 's all true !!!

C'mon !!

Offline DrBoogerloo

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2009, 06:36:55 AM »
My chum lapsed his sub but rejoined in late 2007 - he has an "A".