Author Topic: Priority Ticketing for the Tour  (Read 8664 times)

Offline roseundconcrete

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Priority Ticketing for the Tour
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2009, 08:00:26 AM »
oooooh...I just re-read my email again which was in light grey font against a white backing...I'm part of the Breathe group but am also a "paid-up Horizon subscriber" so it makes more sense now that I would be in the Breathe group based on my join date...still very pleased though:)

i'm going to head to slumberland now

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2009, 08:07:36 AM »
I joined in November 2006 and got into the Horizon group.
So I'm guessing that 2006 and earlier is Horizon, 2007 (early 2008 too?) is Breathe, and the recent sign-ups are Boots.

Offline Rico

• Babyface
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2009, 08:18:10 AM »
I joined in Feb and I am in Breathe!!

Woohooo, got to get the macbook, dell laptop and my desktop pc ready for the big pre-sale!!!!!

I can't wait!!! TORONTO U2360!!!!!!!!

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2009, 09:42:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So what do folk think will happen if you have not subscribed every year. Does that make you less loyral and start you on the ladder again?

I just signed up again today, but in the bottom left hand corner of mine form it had a code that ended in 07, which was when I subscribed the last time?  I let mine lapse for a couple of years, but had it for a couple of years prior?  I guess we just have to wait.

Offline KobayashiMaru

• Babyface
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2009, 10:03:54 AM »
I joined on Day 1 but let my subscription lapse after the Vertigo Tour. I re-uped last Friday, the 6th, and am in the Breath group. Glad I subscribed when I did, looks like I got into Breathe by the skin of my teeth  ;D

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2009, 10:21:04 AM »
I subscribed 5 days ago and got into the Breathe group. No complaints from me.

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2009, 10:40:50 AM »
oooooh...I just re-read my email again which was in light grey font against a white backing...I'm part of the Breathe group but am also a "paid-up Horizon subscriber" so it makes more sense now that I would be in the Breathe group based on my join date...still very pleased though:)

i'm going to head to slumberland now
bajagirl at U2.com has posted this for those who are receiving the confusing e-mails

"We are aware that some of the presale emails have a misprint and contradict themselves on which seniority level the subscriber is in. A correction is forthcoming. Please check this post for a breakdown of the seniority categories. This should clear up any questions on which category you are in"

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2009, 10:54:11 AM »
Still no e-mail confirming what status I am.

I can see the code on the website, but it would be nice to get the confirmation that I am "Horizon". Have checked with friends and 1 of them has received their e-mail, they joined a month ago. I am an original Propaganda subscriber since late 90's so why I am I left until last ?

On another note, when I checked U2.com this morning, they had the public onsale
dates for all gigs announced so far. I had printed this off, but they have changed the onsale dates, most are now saying "on sale soon".

Two dates that are still up there, for going onsale next Friday, are Milan and Gothenburg, however the Presale starts 3 days before this which is tomorrow. Now if many people have not received their e-mails, how will they know which status they have ?
I am sure they will fix these problems but confusion the day before 2 dates go onsale on the presale is a bit much

mariamontreal

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2009, 11:10:18 AM »
I hope all of you fans enjoy your concerts when they come to your town. U2 is not coming to Montreal. I am very sad, I am crying while writing this . I can't believe they would do that to us.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 11:30:42 AM by mariamontreal »

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2009, 11:57:12 AM »
Listen, I just wanted to mention to all of you that I only joined U2.com in October '08 and by some miracle I am in the Horizon group which is the first ???  Maybe it was a mistake. It does not make too much sense. I have only been a member for a few months. I am really excited though. Perhaps they saw my age and year of birth and felt sorry for me!! I have not seen the band since Joshua Tree-May 16,1987 to be exact! So you can see why I am so excited to see them this time.

I am a member since August, and got the A. Your post is also awesome because I wish I had been able to go see U2 on the Joshua Tree tour. I am going out on a limb and guessing Jan 1, 2009 is the cutoff for horizon. And they say nothing changes on new years day!

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2009, 12:00:34 PM »
I hope all of you fans enjoy your concerts when they come to your town. U2 is not coming to Montreal. I am very sad, I am crying while writing this . I can't believe they would do that to us.

Maria keep your head up, we have a tour going into 2010, so it still could happen, but I totally understand your dissapointment!! I have to travel at least 400 miles to see them this time.

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2009, 12:09:09 PM »
Don't worry Maria, they are playing Toronto which isn't too far. 2 hour drive no?
I live in Edinburgh but will be travelling down to London and across to France.
Part of the fun of any U2 tour who the travel, the anticpation.......

Offline Achtung_Habs

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In the name of Love
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2009, 12:13:15 PM »
Don't worry Maria, they are playing Toronto which isn't too far. 2 hour drive no?
I live in Edinburgh but will be travelling down to London and across to France.
Part of the fun of any U2 tour who the travel, the anticpation.......

loll, make that 6 hours !  But still I'm disappointed that they are not coming to Montreal (as of now), it's gonna be a great road trip to go see them in Toronto, but still praying for them to come in Montreal later on the tour!  They love Montreal, they wont let us down like that !

Offline the mauve crew

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2009, 12:20:57 PM »
wich member am I ????? ???

this is a part of the e mail .
It says in the first paragraph i am a breathe user and in the second paragraph that i am a horizon subscriber  ???
can somebody help me plz

As you've been a U2.com subscriber for a little while now you're part of our 'Breathe Group' of subscribers and we're pleased to offer you an early opportunity in the ticketing presale for 'U2360'.

This e-mail, sent to you as a paid-up 'Horizon Subscriber' of U2.com,

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2009, 12:21:56 PM »
Sorry about that , slightly further than I thought.  :-[
I thought it was about the same distance as Hamilton  to Toronto.
Are there no budget airlines in Canada?
We may be lucky in Europe that there are a copius amount of cheapo airlines to get you across Europe for the price of a U2 subscription !!