Author Topic: Well, somone has to start one...  (Read 681 times)

Offline KenpoMatt

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • The first wealth is health.
Well, somone has to start one...
« on: November 12, 2020, 02:28:09 PM »
As the sad news has been delivered that this website and forum will dissolve soon, I figured a thread to start saying our goodbyes would be appropriate....(I looked hard, but couldn't find one, sorry if it's been started elsewhere)

@U2 has been a weekly, if not daily habit of mine since I discovered it in 2001.

I didn't join the forum until much later, and although I don't have the post count that others can claim, I have always enjoyed the debates on here and as well as the speedy news scoops the main site provided. It's always been miles ahead of U2.com.

Hopefully, some of us will run into each other on some other U2 site down the road.

Thanks for the ride @U2.com!!

Offline dagobah

• Wanderer
  • exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Re: Well, somone has to start one...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 04:01:05 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
. . . . . . this website and forum will dissolve soon . . . . .
Why?  Is it because of lack of money?

Offline goldtoad

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 10:20:06 AM »

Matt posted the details are here:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 

It sounds like #&$#$! money-chasing lawyers are partially to blame, but one thing I know for sure is we owe a big thank you to all who made this site possible.  Thank you!

The U2 community will find other ways to share their love and opinions on all things U2.... See you when U2 tours again.  I'm guessing 2022.  Zoo 2022 Tour anyone? 

Offline dagobah

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 11:29:27 AM »

Matt posted the details are here:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was unaware of this.  I usually only check into the forum . . . . . and I just didn't see this info.  Thank you for posting that website link.

Offline talk2pritch

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 09:29:29 AM »
I've also spent well over a decade checking in almost every day to get the latest U2 news updates from @U2. Really sad @U2 is going dark. Can anyone recommend another site (apart from the selective and laggardly U2.com) that is good and regularly updated with U2 news?

Offline dagobah

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 12:32:36 PM »
Can anyone recommend another site (apart from the selective and laggardly U2.com) that is good and regularly updated with U2 news?
Have you not heard of the website u2songs.com
u2 songs.com already has three U2-related news articles in November [Nov. 6, Nov. 16 and Nov. 17]

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 06:36:03 AM »
I check this site along with whatever news I read, and of course this forum which i imagine is leaving has been the best musical community ever. This will all be missed. You guys will all be missed.

Offline fresno dave

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "You wanted violins.." about.me/davewainscott
Re: Well, someone has to add this , Thanks KenpoMatt for starting it
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 07:43:08 PM »
Thanks to Matt and everyone involved.  This has been a huge part of my life, and no words are adequate.