Author Topic: tour presale with horizon, breathe and boots - what am i???  (Read 13057 times)

Offline pt1916

• Stateless
tour presale with horizon, breathe and boots - what am i???
« on: March 09, 2009, 07:46:21 AM »
This is what I got in email....

Am I horizon or breathe? Man!!!

Today Monday, March 9th, U2 have announced details of their new tour, 'U2360'

As you've been a U2.com subscriber for a little while now you're part of our subscribers and we're pleased to offer you an early opportunity in the ticketing presale for 'U2360'.'Breathe Group' of

This e-mail, sent to you as a paid-up 'Horizon Subscriber' of U2.com, contains your personal and unique PRESALE ACCESS CODE DETAILS which will enable you to access the presale for U2 concert tickets before they go on sale to the general public.

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
Re: tour presale with horizon, breathe and boots - what am i???
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 07:53:09 AM »
I'm in my third year of subscription...I hope that's long enough to get early access. :-\

While this system somewhat annoys me, I can see why they did it to discourage scalpers from signing up at the last minute to get presale access.

EdgesDelay

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 07:53:33 AM »
You're part of the Breathe group............ I just got my email, and its the same as yours.

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 07:56:05 AM »
I just checked my email, I'm in the Horizon group! Wooooo!

Offline yam_yam

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 09:27:04 AM »
I'm breathe

Offline alanr79

• Refugee
  • Laugher is eternity if the joy is real!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 10:17:54 AM »
"I can....BREATHE"....!!

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 10:23:56 AM »
I'm in the Horizon group.  I've been a paid subscriber since before Vertigo.  Me email states "As an ongoing long-term subscriber to U2.com you're part of our 'Horizon Group' of subscribers and we're please to offer you the chance to take part in the opening day of the presale for 'U2360'."  I like the way they are doing this, although I would probably feel differently if I were not in the Horizon group!    ;)  I just hope everybody is able to get tickets through the presale. 

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 10:41:12 AM »
I haven't recieved my email - starting to panick.  I've been a member for about 3 weeks.  Could it be that they haven't sent out emails to newer members?

Offline edgecentric

• Refugee
  • Some days have bouncers and won't let you in
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 10:43:27 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I haven't recieved my email - starting to panick.  I've been a member for about 3 weeks.  Could it be that they haven't sent out emails to newer members?

I think they sent out the emails in batches, so it could be you're in a later batch. I received mine already and I'm in the Horizon group.  But...check your junk folder and verify your address on U2.com just to be sure.

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 10:44:58 AM »

I think they sent out the emails in batches, so it could be you're in a later batch. I received mine already and I'm in the Horizon group.  But...check your junk folder and verify your address on U2.com just to be sure.
Thanks Edge.  Will do.

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 10:47:20 AM »

I've been a member for years and haven't gotten any emails from them in a looong time even though my contact info is correct. That includes the presale email. I'm assume I'm a Horizon member, but it would be nice to actually have documentation from u2.com.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »
When will the pre - sale start?

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 10:52:20 AM »
The email I got said that they will be sending another email detailing the presale opening times for shows in different cities.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 10:53:16 AM »
I am a Horizon member...joined when u2.com launched.  Too bad they don't go back into the Propaganda days!

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 11:32:26 AM »
I have been on the site since August and probably be in the boots group(?) That said, I think this is an EXCELLENT way to separate the true fans (US!) from the scalpers (THEM!) Just wish I had been daft enough to get subscribed earlier. What are people's thought about using the code for another leg of the tour next year...or waiting to see if new shows open. Could that plan backfire? I am in the states so I thought buy 2 this time and 2 next year. My brother joined last week, so I figured he could get cheap tickets to other shows, with the idea we just want to be in the stadium for as many shows as possible.