Author Topic: tour presale with horizon, breathe and boots - what am i???  (Read 13055 times)

Offline dezmaas

• Stateless
Re: tour presale with horizon, breathe and boots - what am i???
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 11:36:13 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just checked my email, I'm in the Horizon group! Wooooo!

me too!  :D

Offline pt1916

• Stateless
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 11:52:03 AM »
Hi sorry I didnt make myself clear. It says Im breathe but in the next paragraph it says as part of Horizon group.....so its saying Im both or am I reading it wrong?

Offline the mauve crew

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 12:04:17 PM »
Hi sorry I didnt make myself clear. It says Im breathe but in the next paragraph it says as part of Horizon group.....so its saying Im both or am I reading it wrong?

i have the same question as you , it says 2 different things  :(

look the part of the e-mail below

As you've been a U2.com subscriber for a little while now you're part of our 'Breathe Group' of subscribers and we're pleased to offer you an early opportunity in the ticketing presale for 'U2360'.

This e-mail, sent to you as a paid-up 'Horizon Subscriber' of U2.com,

Offline bradjs

• Wanderer
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 12:22:35 PM »

As you've been a U2.com subscriber for a little while now you're part of our 'Breathe Group' of subscribers and we're pleased to offer you an early opportunity in the ticketing presale for 'U2360'.

unfortunately for you, i think it's a safe assumption that the first paragraph is the accurate one.  I'm a horizon subscriber, and it said horizon in both.  My friend joined a few weeks ago and his said Breathe subscriber first paragraph and horizon second paragraph.  seems like the 2nd paragraph is just an oversight.

Offline PeteJM

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 01:17:10 PM »
Am starting to panic slightly.  I joined u2.com back in 2005 for the Vertigo tour, and haven't received an e mal yet...  Does it say on your log in page with your pre sale code what level you are?

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 01:19:10 PM »
Am starting to panic slightly.  I joined u2.com back in 2005 for the Vertigo tour, and haven't received an e mal yet...  Does it say on your log in page with your pre sale code what level you are?

No, it does not say what level you are on the log in page but if you have been a recurring subscriber since 2005 it is safe to say you are in the Horizon Group.  If you let your subscription lapse and then recently re-subscribed I do not know how they are handling that. 

Offline the mauve crew

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 01:23:43 PM »

unfortunately for you, i think it's a safe assumption that the first paragraph is the accurate one.  I'm a horizon subscriber, and it said horizon in both.  My friend joined a few weeks ago and his said Breathe subscriber first paragraph and horizon second paragraph.  seems like the 2nd paragraph is just an oversight.

thx for the info mate

Offline PeteJM

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 02:19:51 PM »
Thanks for clearing that one up.  Any advice on what to do regarding the lack of e mail?

Offline gimpboy76

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 03:32:12 PM »
I registered for U2.com back in Dec. 04 and just re-subbed this morning, I will let you know where I get in.  I'm hoping that if I happen to be designated as Boots for this year, that by next year I'll be considered Breathe since there are no SF Bay shows this year and that's the nearest to where I am.  I can't fly down to Vegas or LA because those shows conflict with some life changing plans in the fall (my wife's due with our 3rd :) )

liewerizon

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 03:49:48 PM »
Got my email and presale code...said that I am a "Horizon". That's the good news. Bad news is the closest city to me is Vancouver, still not sure if I want to make it out there this time around. Had done so on three separate occasions in the past. The sensible part in me is telling me "No, don't go, wait for the annoucement for the second leg to see if Edmonton or Calgary is on it!" But the evil Bono in me is telling me "DO IT! GO to Vancouver!"

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 03:53:06 PM »
Bit of a clearup for you guys from U2.com...

We are aware that some of the presale emails have a misprint and contradict themselves on which seniority level the subscriber is in. A correction is forthcoming. Please check this post for a breakdown of the seniority categories. This should clear up any questions on which category you are in.

IF YOU WERE A PAID SUBSCRIBER AS OF 3/08/09 YOU WILL BE IN EITHER DAY 1 OR DAY 2 OF THE PRESALE. If you joined on 3/09/09 or after you will be on DAY 3 of the presale.

Also, there is NO cut-off date for access to the pre-sale. If you open a paid account on U2.com you will get a presale code. However, depending on your seniority, is when you will be able to buy your pre-sale tickets. So, the most senior members get first crack, which means best choice (SEE ABOVE). If you let your account lapse for any reason (lost wallet, alien abduction, forgot to renew, tornado hit house,etc...) and you just renewed, joined or upgraded your account, you do get a presale, but it is on the third day.

If your pre-sale code starts with (see below), SENIORITY IS AS FOLLOWS:

U2A = HORIZON

U2B=BREATHE

U2C=BOOTS

IF YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE EMAIL, DON'T WORRY. WE SEND THEM OUT IN BATCHES OR WE WOULD CRASH THE SYSTEM. ALSO, THE CODES ARE BEING LOADED INTO THE SYSTEM, SO PLEASE GIVE US A DAY TO GET IT DONE. IT WILL BE THERE.

PRE-SALE CODES and LINKS TO THE TOUR PRE-SALES WILL BE EMAILED AND POSTED ON THE SITE, SO YOU ARE COVERED. SO IF YOU DO NOT GET THE EMAIL FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON WITHIN THE NEXT 24RHS, YOU CAN LOG IN TO THE SITE, GO TO THE TOUR PAGE AND SEE YOUR PRE-SALE CODE AND LINKS TO THE PRE-SALES.

Most importantly, if you didn't get the email, GO LOG IN TO U2.COM AND CLICK 'TOURS'.  Your presale code will be on the left there and if you are U2A you are Horizon, U2B is Breathe and U2C is Boots.

Also from the site:

When does the presale take place and how do I find out when I can access the presale for a particular show?

The presale takes place on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday ahead of the public onsale for any given show. There are three groups of U2.com subscribers taking part in the presale and the email you received with your presale code details which group you are in. Our 'Horizon' group of longtime subscribers have access to the first day of the presale. Our 'Breathe' group, who also subscribed to the site before the tour details were announced, enter early on the second day. Our 'Boots' group, who have subscribed since the tour announcement, join the presale in the afternoon on the second day of the presale. The presale continues for a third day and it is only after this that the public ticket sales begin.

----------------
Now playing: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2009, 03:54:11 PM »
Got my email and presale code...said that I am a "Horizon". That's the good news. Bad news is the closest city to me is Vancouver, still not sure if I want to make it out there this time around. Had done so on three separate occasions in the past. The sensible part in me is telling me "No, don't go, wait for the annoucement for the second leg to see if Edmonton or Calgary is on it!" But the evil Bono in me is telling me "DO IT! GO to Vancouver!"

I'm in Regina, and I feel like you do, but I'm going to Vancouver anyway.  Come on, do it!  The evil Edge in me is demanding it....  :D

Oh yeah, and don't click You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login if you're still not sure about going...  ;D

----------------
Now playing: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:56:11 PM by EdgeFest »

Offline pt1916

• Stateless
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »
brilliant and clear thanks for clearing that up

Offline davidhardy

• Wanderer
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2009, 04:05:36 PM »
My code says U2A********** which I guess mean Horizon?  I've been with the site for over 4 years now.

Offline MEMORY_MAN

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I must follow the path to the endless road...
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2009, 04:14:10 PM »
I was unable to be a member this past year for financial reasons.  But I was a member the first 2 years.  I wonder if I will be a boots member since I am planning to sign up again...hmmm  It's too bad I was unable to keep the membership the entire time.  Too bad there isn't an ATU2 presale... I'm always here.  (: