Author Topic: So is it spinning? Or is that just me?  (Read 8078 times)

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
Re: So is it spinning? Or is that just me?
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 10:53:14 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why ? Is there any other reason for the "this has never been done before" and "10,000 tickets will be less than $30" and "tiered stadiums only" lies ? Because that's what they are - Blatant unadulterated lies designed to sell more tickets than can normally expected in a stadium. I'm just not buying his kool-aid, I recognize bullsh!t when I smell it, and he stinks to high heaven right now.

Relax, JE.  He's only doing his job.  Do you get upset when you don't have bikini-clad women at your feet every time you open a Bud Light, too?

anheuser busch don't lie and tell me i'll have bikini clad women at my feet if i drink that pisswater, but mcguinne$$ is telling blatant lies to the fans re. the staging and tickets

Offline beau99

• Stateless
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2009, 11:47:08 PM »

Why ? Is there any other reason for the "this has never been done before" and "10,000 tickets will be less than $30" and "tiered stadiums only" lies ? Because that's what they are - Blatant unadulterated lies designed to sell more tickets than can normally expected in a stadium. I'm just not buying his kool-aid, I recognize bullsh!t when I smell it, and he stinks to high heaven right now.

Relax, JE.  He's only doing his job.  Do you get upset when you don't have bikini-clad women at your feet every time you open a Bud Light, too?

anheuser busch don't lie and tell me i'll have bikini clad women at my feet if i drink that pisswater, but mcguinne$$ is telling blatant lies to the fans re. the staging and tickets

He hasn't lied to me.

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2009, 08:33:50 AM »

He hasn't lied to me.

He called me a "miserable F***ing creep" once. I'm not, of course, but he's such an effective scammer that he almost had me believing him. He also told me to F*** off but I didn't take it too personally.  ;D

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
  • ^^rock n roll perfection^^
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2009, 10:14:49 AM »
Everybody needs to take a deep breath......chances are that if you've thought of all these question/concerns over 360 or obstructions etc....so have the tour design team...unfortunately patience for now is required. AND not my strong suit!

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2009, 10:42:29 AM »
Everybody needs to take a deep breath......chances are that if you've thought of all these question/concerns over 360 or obstructions etc....so have the tour design team...unfortunately patience for now is required. AND not my strong suit!

Ok, but C'mon, let's look at the FACTS:

The band's scumbag manager: "there is no behind the stage" - FACT : Yes, there is. It is no different than Vertigo/elevation/Joshua Tree Indoor/ZOO TV Indoor where behind the stage seats are sold. It is nothing unique. It's just maximising how many seats can be sold and trying to con you into thinking there is something new about this, there isn't.

Scumbag manager: "10,000 seats will be $30" - FACT, look at the seating plan/ticket breakdown for Stade De France, no way are there 10,000 seats at $30, and will 1/4 of Sam Boyd stadium REALLY be $30/ticket, I don't think so !

Scumbag manager : "tiered stadiums only" - FACT, Bollox. RoseBowl is NOT tiered, don't know about the rest.

I personally don't give a hoot about the stage design and the ticket prices as I won't go to a Stadium show (yeah, I KNOW, more tickets for you Nagrom, you'll be the guy in the red shirt going "wooohoooo"), what I object to is the blatant lying about the tour/stage to the band's fans.

But, if you want to take the Kool-Aid, knock yourself out.

I eagerly await the angry posts about obstructed views, complaints about being behind the stage when dickhedd had stated there wouldn't be a "behind the stage", the lack of $30 tickets and complaints about shelling out $250 to sit half a mile away and have your view obstructed by a claw leg.

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2009, 11:19:11 AM »
First of all...JR, I never said (if you actually read what I wrote) everything that has been written by the band/mgr was all true, so lose the attitude with me. Secondly , you seem mighty angry for someone that's not even going. All I can say is good, and thanks for the people that would be near you and all your angst.

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »
First of all...JR, I never said (if you actually read what I wrote) everything that has been written by the band/mgr was all true, so lose the attitude with me. Secondly , you seem mighty angry for someone that's not even going. All I can say is good, and thanks for the people that would be near you and all your angst.

Oh well, at least you were more original than "more tickets for the rest of us", kudos for that !

Look, what you call "angst" is what others may refer to as "don't like to be lied to in order to try and get me to buy something"

Some people are ok with that, some aren't.

I'm not saying my standards are higher than yours, but apparently my bullsh!t-meter is on a different setting, maybe it's being from a different era that I've come to expect more moral behavior from the U2 camp, although I really shouldn't be surprised any more.

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2009, 11:38:58 AM »
OK, we can agree....I've just learned to sift through the b.s. all/most salesmen shovel. I just don't (usually) let it upset me as much anymore. Let's be honest salesmen are at times what ANYONE is that want you to buy something ...even the groups, and certainly the managers! 

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2009, 11:42:50 AM »
OK, we can agree....I've just learned to sift through the b.s. all/most salesmen shovel. I just don't (usually) let it upset me as much anymore. Let's be honest salesmen are at times what ANYONE is that want you to buy something ...even the groups, and certainly the managers! 

Agreed, but you can sell without blatantly lying you know....

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2009, 11:43:13 AM »
Am I missing something? Could you get fans all the way round the stage in any other previous U2 gigs? How was the Vertigo tour 360 degrees? The fans weren't all the way round the back of the stage were they?

Offline wrldchamps04

• Numb
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2009, 11:48:15 AM »

Agreed, but you can sell without blatantly lying you know....

I guess so but a lie is a lie, blatant just gives it a degree of a lie.....you're either pregnant or not, not sort of....

Offline suppers ready

• Stateless
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2009, 11:55:05 AM »
Well if it's not moving, it's a lot less fantastically innovative than I thought it was!

Yes used a rotating stage over 30 years ago, so that aspect of the production isn't particularly innovative.

The main innovation seems to be the way the PA is setup over the band and, in theory, with unobstructed views for almost everyone.  It seems like at best it's an architectural innovation.  I like Fishers' work.  He's done a great job on lots of tours over the last 30 years, but most people will still be further from the band than they would have on Arena tours, even if they had the worst seat in the house.  If the crowd is good, it won't matter, but my experience on the last tour was that the crowds were less than great by U2 standards (Miami, Chicago 3/4 and Houston were exceptions)

I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks how tickets sell.....though NY/NJ, Boston Toronto and Chicago are all huge U2 towns (they'll all get at least 2 shows on this leg), so I guess we really won't know until the first week of April

daveyg

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2009, 05:23:21 AM »
I saw Neil Diamond ten years ago (I know I know) in a proper "in the round" centre of the stadium and the stage spun and was awsome.

I would imagine the stack systems gong behind Adam and the Edge - unless there's people behind them. Oh, maybe not.

I am extrememly curious as to how this will work out! Any Barcelone go-ers, please send us pics/vids

countrygirl

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2009, 06:19:25 AM »
Neil Diamond................Are you kidding me, ha ha.....My mom took me to see Donny and Marie Osmond when I was a kid, I think that is a lot worse that Neil. LOL

I got seats behind the stage, so I am praying that it spins somewhat, but what the heck, I'll be there and thats really all that matters!!!!

InThisHeartland

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2009, 03:57:04 PM »
and how the hell will they get out to the circular catwalk?!  Swing over the crowd on a cable?!

Tarzan Bono  :D

Explains why he was singing so many 'oooohhhs!' on No Line  :P

As cool of an idea that is, I think Bono will invent the SpiderBono alter-ego, and he and Edge will play Spiderman the Musical songs while SpiderBono is swinging to the outer circle.  :D