Author Topic: So is it spinning? Or is that just me?  (Read 8088 times)

hurricane hugo

Re: So is it spinning? Or is that just me?
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2009, 06:06:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I would imagine the stack systems gong behind Adam and the Edge - unless there's people behind them. Oh, maybe not.

I'd guess that all the onstage amplification will be beneath the stage floor, which will primarily be metal grating. Lots of lights beneath, too.

#@!

Offline LaughingGas

• Refugee
  • "Your face pressed up against the glass"
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2009, 08:08:55 PM »
Am I missing something? Could you get fans all the way round the stage in any other previous U2 gigs? How was the Vertigo tour 360 degrees? The fans weren't all the way round the back of the stage were they?

Yes, and I was one of them at one of the two Denver shows.  It actually was an excellent seat.  We were right by Edge when he would come play piano, and very close to Bono and Adam when they would make their rounds.  It was the best seat I have ever had at a U2 show.   ;)

daveyg

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2009, 08:39:30 AM »
You could keep the stage static and let the audience nearest the stage run round the stage giving the impression the stage is revolving. Fun for those who stayed up all night to get closest and it'll keep them awake!

Offline u290sbaby

• Stateless
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2009, 04:07:07 PM »
I think some people read too much into the whole 360 stage design. Also getting more from the 3D diagram a the U2 site than there is to get. I just don't see this being a spinning type deal and surely will not be. It will be a very similar set up to the Elevation and Vertigo indoor arena tours. However, this time around, that set up has been designed for a stadium setting. Where normally U2 would take over the entire back side of the stadium with NO seats sold "behind" the stage.

Now with their "360 tour", they're simply scaling their indoor set up to a much larger setting in stadiums. It also appears to have much less obstruction towards the back than the Vertigo and Elevation indoor set ups did. That plus God knows what amazing new light show, sound system and screens technology they will have represents "innovation" part.

I doubt anyone will be dissapointed.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2009, 04:10:03 PM »
You could keep the stage static and let the audience nearest the stage run round the stage giving the impression the stage is revolving. Fun for those who stayed up all night to get closest and it'll keep them awake!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!  daveyg-you always crack me up!

InThisHeartland

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2009, 08:09:33 PM »

Another fun idea, would be a large circular treadmill that goes around the stage that moves the fans around, with out them constantly running! For the faster paced songs, the spinning treadmill could speed up to dizzying speeds! Fun!

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2009, 12:05:50 AM »

Another fun idea, would be a large circular treadmill that goes around the stage that moves the fans around, with out them constantly running! For the faster paced songs, the spinning treadmill could speed up to dizzying speeds! Fun!

Great idea. There's some pretty out of shape U2 fans.

Er, me included.

Helath fund might give me some cash back from my ticket cost if I could pass it off as 'Gym Membership'

Offline CityofBlindingElevation

• Babyface
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »
My question (sorry if it was mentioned): If it doesn't rotate, then there are seats with an obstructed view (the seats directly off from the four pillars).

But, don't get bent out of shape until we see anything. I never think they can outdo themselves, and each tour still amazes me.