Author Topic: Anyone else concerned about the stage?  (Read 1934 times)

Offline TheStoogeU2

• Wanderer
  • The goal is SOUL!
Anyone else concerned about the stage?
« on: March 09, 2009, 01:45:40 PM »
From the virtual stage, it looks like it is very far away from the people in the seats. It looks very small. Is it really going to be that far away?

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
Re: Anyone else concerned about the stage?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 01:46:45 PM »
We''l know all the the details on the opening show  :P

Offline in_eden

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 01:55:30 PM »
if the maps are close...
the supports are 200' apart... the thing covers most of the field. It's like 150' tall. Small isn't a word you'll hear associated with this stage... ever.

Offline Mbeede

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 06:59:16 PM »
People please stop panicing. U2 fans can find more to b**** about then any I have seen. Just go and enjoy the music! That is what a concert is about, the music!

Offline justinluey

• Stateless
  • "Dream Out Loud, at high volume" - Bono
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 09:59:10 PM »
Look on the seat maps, it takes up half the field, it is massive. My guess is it will be the best looking and sounding stadium show ever produced.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 12:07:59 AM »
No, not concerned at all. I have faith in U2 and their designers beyond words. Why do people panic about these things?

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 12:35:09 AM »
I agree Zoost.

I'm just happy they're going big and outdoors again. I hope they never go back to arenas.

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 05:42:25 AM »
While I have moments of panic every now and then that I may not get as great of a seat (or what have you) as I want, I just remind myself that it doesn't matter whether I can see them, it matters whether I can hear them.  I just want to be there and hear them live and in person.  And to do this with my family.  Nothing else matters to me.  Not the ticket prices and all the fees, not the sponsorship, not the stage design.  So, to answer your question-no I am not concerned about the stage.

andyt

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 05:44:30 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
While I have moments of panic every now and then that I may not get as great of a seat (or what have you) as I want, I just remind myself that it doesn't matter whether I can see them, it matters whether I can hear them.  I just want to be there and hear them live and in person.  And to do this with my family.  Nothing else matters to me.  Not the ticket prices and all the fees, not the sponsorship, not the stage design.  So, to answer your question-no I am not concerned about the stage.

What's the point of that - why not watch them (or just listen) on tv, from the bar, even outside the venue!? Perhaps the rest rooms would be a good place?