Author Topic: Rumored Policy Doesn't Make Sense to Me  (Read 1877 times)

Offline chefconti

• Babyface
Rumored Policy Doesn't Make Sense to Me
« on: March 09, 2009, 03:26:21 PM »
According to the article on billboard.com...

"On-sales will begin in Europe in mid-March, and North American on-sales will start in late March/early April. U2 will also resurrect its random upgrade program first seen on the Elevation tour in 2001, where select fans purchasing GA tickets will be moved closest to the stage."

Elevation didn't use a random upgrade program, Vertigo did.  So, did they mean to say GA will be first come-first serve again like Elevation or random upgrade like Vertigo???

Offline bradjs

• Wanderer
Re: Rumored Policy Doesn't Make Sense to Me
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 03:40:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
According to the article on billboard.com...

"On-sales will begin in Europe in mid-March, and North American on-sales will start in late March/early April. U2 will also resurrect its random upgrade program first seen on the Elevation tour in 2001, where select fans purchasing GA tickets will be moved closest to the stage."

Elevation didn't use a random upgrade program, Vertigo did.  So, did they mean to say GA will be first come-first serve again like Elevation or random upgrade like Vertigo???

i'm sure they meant random like the vertigo tour.  think about it... it makes the situation outside the arena much easier for the staff to deal w/.  it was like they had to babysit the line situation during the elevation tour, whereas the random entry in the vertigo tour mostly alleviated that.

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 05:12:48 PM »
This system was only used in America during Vertigo. I hope that it will only be America again. Europe doesn't need this .
You queue  you get to the front simple as that. Especially in Britain we love to queue!! :D
Arrived at Glasgow 1500, show started at 2100 , but got in the front area beacuse I made the effort to get there early. It was a long six hours to wait but you forget that now, I only remember the great moments being three feet away from Bongo. ;D

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 05:13:58 PM »
...I only remember the great moments being three feet away from Bongo. ;D

Typo of the century!!

----------------
Now playing: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jimhb

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 05:51:47 PM »
Yea.. I hope it is a first come first served. It seems with so many GA tickets they are going to want to keep it first come first served.

Offline Pop Rules

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 06:00:08 PM »
Looks like in the midst of all the presale panicking somebody has asked a question on Zootopia about the policy of GA this tour and nobody seems to like the idea of random upgrade.  Myself especially.

Offline domino

• Refugee
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »
This system was only used in America during Vertigo. I hope that it will only be America again. Europe doesn't need this .
You queue  you get to the front simple as that. Especially in Britain we love to queue!! :D
Arrived at Glasgow 1500, show started at 2100 , but got in the front area beacuse I made the effort to get there early. It was a long six hours to wait but you forget that now, I only remember the great moments being three feet away from Bongo. ;D

Wow...sixk hour wait and that close eh?? I waited 11 hrs and got to the tip of the ellipse...just barely too cause the line divide into 2 like 10 mins before we went in and loads of ppl budged. really don't like this random upgrade business

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 05:05:16 AM »
There is no need for this system which must cost a lot of money to put in place.
If you make the effort you should get the reward.