Author Topic: why not sell tickets on a weekend??  (Read 1179 times)

Offline jayb77

• Wanderer
why not sell tickets on a weekend??
« on: March 09, 2009, 03:30:36 PM »
back in the dark days before the internet, i remember standing outside Wembley stadium box office on a cold Saturday morning for tickets for the Zoo TV  and Popmart tours

yes it was cold and boring waiting in line but it was on a saturday and i was not at work. So why do concerts tickets now always go on sale during the week when most people are at work or collage??

next week i'll be worrying about if i can time my lunch break to go and use the internet or maybe even have to come into late to work, just to make sure that i don't miss out.

why not go back to the weekend or what about tickets going on sale in the evening.

is anyone else having to make special arrangements to get tickets due to work??

Offline jmh72

• Wanderer
Re: why not sell tickets on a weekend??
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 04:45:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
back in the dark days before the internet, i remember standing outside Wembley stadium box office on a cold Saturday morning for tickets for the Zoo TV  and Popmart tours

yes it was cold and boring waiting in line but it was on a saturday and i was not at work. So why do concerts tickets now always go on sale during the week when most people are at work or collage??

next week i'll be worrying about if i can time my lunch break to go and use the internet or maybe even have to come into late to work, just to make sure that i don't miss out.

why not go back to the weekend or what about tickets going on sale in the evening.

is anyone else having to make special arrangements to get tickets due to work??

Totally agree! Qued overnight at SECC in Glasgow for indoor shows in 1991? Much simplier