Author Topic: Getting tickets for the Wembley show from Australia  (Read 1494 times)

Offline GAVROMAN

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Getting tickets for the Wembley show from Australia
« on: March 10, 2009, 04:57:47 AM »
Greetings all,

I see that no Australian dates have been set yet for the new tour and im concerned we may get axed just like the Elevation tour in 2001 (our $ is doing us no favours in OZ).

I will be in Europe for the summer and am hoping to get 4 tickets for the show at Wembley on August 15th.

Can someone please advise of the best way to go about arranging this?  Should i register at the U2 site?  Does it enable you to order tickets even if you're on the other side of the world?

Any help would be appreciated.

andyt

Re: Getting tickets for the Wembley show from Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 06:11:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Greetings all,

I see that no Australian dates have been set yet for the new tour and im concerned we may get axed just like the Elevation tour in 2001 (our $ is doing us no favours in OZ).

I will be in Europe for the summer and am hoping to get 4 tickets for the show at Wembley on August 15th.

Can someone please advise of the best way to go about arranging this?  Should i register at the U2 site?  Does it enable you to order tickets even if you're on the other side of the world?

Any help would be appreciated.

Trust me on this - your best bet is to buy tickets from ebay if you can't get them from the normal public sale. I did this on the Vertigo tour and paid 10 over the face value for a GA ticket.

Massive gigs like this create a lot of excitement initially then ticket prices flatten out.

That's my advice anyway and is definately what I'll be doing!

Offline yam_yam

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 07:12:02 AM »
isn't it 14th not 15th?

Offline GAVROMAN

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 02:36:24 PM »
Yeah, it may very well be the 14th.

Looks like Ebay it is...unless someone else has a better idea.

If it is to be Ebay, when how soon before the concert should i try to get tix?

Offline jayb77

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 02:42:58 PM »
u2 will be playing two nights at Wembley. they will be playing the 14th and 15th. you can put your house on this!!

Offline youagain

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 08:22:16 AM »
Hello all.

May I please ask what you think will happen with tickets for 'extra' tour dates ? Like when will these ones be announced and in what way do they sell the tickets??  Any ideas from in the past out there??

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 10:38:39 AM »

Do you have any mates living in London who could receive the tickets for you in the post? I've no idea if they'll send them to Oz or not from the UK.

I don't think you'll have any problems getting tickets in the public sale if they announce a second show in London. I read somewhere there are going to be 100,000 people in the audience at Wembley because of the stage being on the pitch. If you're up and trying at the right time then you should be ok to get some tickets.