Author Topic: Stage set so big cities will go without seeing show  (Read 3086 times)

mariamontreal

Stage set so big cities will go without seeing show
« on: March 10, 2009, 06:49:08 AM »
I don't want to see U2 because of their mamoth visual effects on stage , I want to see them sing and play music , I couldn't care less what the stage looked like . All because of that stage set , cities are going to miss out because of U2 making choices to have this enormous spider legs thingy over a 360 revolving circular stage . I think it's silly.The fans only want to see them , it's them we go to see and to hear the sound of the music, not to see  their new toys to be put on display. All because of those factors, Montreal is missing out and other cities as well  .The set is built from the ground up which does not depend on suspension cords of any kind . This is a hydrolic system which can retract to fit any size  . The stage is built on the same system hydrolics which can retract and still be 360" . You can make a circle bigger or smaller yet it is still 360'.  And please refrain from the comments well you could go to Toronto and see them , money is the issue , understand ?. There is no excuse for them not to be playing the major citries in North America. If someone has a logical explanation to give me , please  do I am all ears. I will no  be at peace until I see the logic as to why they are not coming to Montreal . The big-0 is 574 ft high at center field ,the foul lines 325 ft, power alleys 375ft, seats 70,000 ( not big enough ?) so what gives , the spider thingy is 150 ft high and retracts. I really would like to know why.Pink Floyd played in 1977 to 79,000 fans .
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:32:09 AM by mariamontreal »

Offline Achtung_Habs

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In the name of Love
Re: Stage set so big cities will go without them
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 07:08:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't want to see U2 because of their mamoth visual effects on stage , I want to see them sing and play music , I couldn't care less what the stage looked like . All becauase of that stage set , cities are going to miss out because of U2 making choices to have this enormous spider legs thingy over a 360 revolving circular stage . I think it's silly the fans only want to see them , it's them we go to see and to hear the sound of the music, not to see  their new toys to be put on display. All because of those factors, Montreal is missing out and other cities as well  The set is built from the ground up which does not depend on suspension cords of any kind . This is a hydrolic system which can retract to fit any size  . The stage is built on the same system hydrolics which can retract and still be 360" . You can make a circle bigger or smaller yet it is still 360'. I would really like to get an answer , because I will not sit still and hear all the news about the concerts and imagining what it would have been like , I should be experiencing it for myself and having a great time . And please refrain from the comments well you could go to Toronto and see them , money is the issue , understand ?. There is no excuse for them not to be playing the major citries in North America. If someone has a logical explanation to give me , please  do I am all ears. I will no  be at peace until I see the logic as to why they are not coming to Montreal . The big-0 is 404ft high at center field ,the foul lines 325 ft, power alleys 375ft, seats 67,000 ( not big enough ?) so what gives , the spider thingy is 150 ft high and retracts. I really would like to know why.

Maria, the Gillet entertainment group confirmed yesterday that U2 will come In Montreal in either 2009 or 2010.

mariamontreal

Re: Stage set so big cities will go without seeing show
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 07:31:44 AM »
Wow am I ever happy now , just read the article , whew, what a relief , thanks for showing me that   . I feel good !

Offline Achtung_Habs

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In the name of Love
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 07:36:10 AM »
So am I !!!!! But I'm nervous, I'll calm down only when they'll annnounce Montreal Dates...  That'S why im still thinking about going to Toronto !

mariamontreal

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 08:19:45 AM »
Don't worry , it is in writing from le journal de montreal , they are coming . Thanks again for showing me that , Just keep posted on u2.com check in everyday to see if the dates for the second leg are added . They should be posted in the next few days. If you use your presale for Toronto, you can't use it for Montreal, remember.I am going to be patient and wait for the new dates to be added .
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 08:59:11 AM by mariamontreal »

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »
Don't worry , it is in writing from le journal de montreal , they are coming . Thanks again for showing me that , Just keep posted on u2.com check in everyday to see if the dates for the second leg are added . They should be posted in the next few days. If you use your presale for Toronto, you can't use it for Montreal, remember.I am going to be patient and wait for the new dates to be added .

So would I need to buy all 4 of my tickets in 1 session? I know they said north america gets to buy for up to 4 tix/shows, but I was planning on buying chicago, waiting for them to add another chicago date, and getting a pair for each. Any thoughts?

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 10:31:15 AM »

So would I need to buy all 4 of my tickets in 1 session? I know they said north america gets to buy for up to 4 tix/shows, but I was planning on buying chicago, waiting for them to add another chicago date, and getting a pair for each. Any thoughts?

From the U2.com tour FAQ's:

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show in Europe in a single transaction OR up to FOUR tickets (in total) against up to four shows in North America. (This is because ticketing vending arrangements are different on the two continents. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in Europe. The code can be used up to four (4) times against up to a total of four (4) tickets at up to four (4) shows in North America. eg two tickets at one show, two tickets at another or one ticket to one show and three to another.)

So, looks like you will be able to buy 2 tickets to 2 shows.  Also it says North America so that should mean you guys in Cananda can do this as well.

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 11:15:23 AM »

From the U2.com tour FAQ's:

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show in Europe in a single transaction OR up to FOUR tickets (in total) against up to four shows in North America. (This is because ticketing vending arrangements are different on the two continents. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in Europe. The code can be used up to four (4) times against up to a total of four (4) tickets at up to four (4) shows in North America. eg two tickets at one show, two tickets at another or one ticket to one show and three to another.)

So, looks like you will be able to buy 2 tickets to 2 shows.  Also it says North America so that should mean you guys in Cananda can do this as well.

Thats what I felt too...just nervous about using my code, waiting a week or two and trying the code again. We'll see what happens.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 11:25:05 AM »
Another example of someone jumping the gun and complaining. Like many other threads on this forum somebody criticizes U2 for something before  full facts and explanations are known. Whether it's the album, it's cover, the tour, the ticket pre-sale or whatever, too many people mouth off and get all critical too early.

Come on folks, lets have some faith in U2 shall we? The tour is a LONG one, new dates and venues will be added (remember, these stadiums are not just built for U2 shows, they are sports arenas that belong to franchises that are in use, U2 have to fit into that schedule and may not be able to confirm all the dates right away.

mariamontreal

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 12:33:48 PM »
Is U2 coming to where you are ? Is your city mentioned? It is a natural reaction , until we see our cities posted , then people will be at ease . It is understood that these arenas could very well be in use ( can't say the same for our big-0) but nevertheless.,people like to know others are there for support , not to knock them down . Try being a little sympathetic everyone is excited right now .
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 12:37:15 PM by mariamontreal »

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 12:39:41 PM »
Is U2 coming to where you are ? Is your city mentioned? It is a natural reaction , until we see our cities posted , then people will be at ease .

No, I live in Seattle (well, for 3 more days anyway) and they have not announced a show there yet, then I'm moving to Ketchikan, Alaska, and they certainly won't play there.

All I am saying is that we should just all be a little patient. When this tour is over, I can almost guarantee you that they will have played some 120+ shows, multiple in some cities, and in cities that have not even been mentioned yet. Except of course - Ketchikan, Alaska!

Are you saying that jumping to conclusions and panic are a natural reaction? If so, then I'm glad that I am different to most people then.

mariamontreal

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 12:45:09 PM »
I respect that , but without a doubt let's face it , we all want to see U2 , that is why we are thier biggest fan base . I am 99.9% sure that the majority of us will get to see our favorite band , you must admit , the anticipation is aggrevating that's all it is .

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 12:48:04 PM »
I respect that , but without a doubt let's face it , we all want to see U2 , that is why we are thie biggest fan base . I am 99.9% sure that the majority of us will get to see our favorite band . You must admit , the anticipation is aggrevating

Yes it is maria, aggrevating. I guess my patience has come from being a U2 fan for 26 years  :D

All will be good in the end though, you'll see.

mariamontreal

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 12:54:15 PM »
I beat you , 30 yrs of patience . It will work itself out .

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 12:57:56 PM »
I beat you , 30 yrs of patience . It will work itself out .

Whoa you did, nice one. So, how many times have you seen them live? Me, 40, so I have spent about 300 hours waiting in GA lines at numerous stadiums and arenas around the world. I guess I am patient  :D :D :D