Author Topic: Tiresome U2  (Read 1758 times)

Offline bluetooth

• Babyface
Tiresome U2
« on: March 10, 2009, 07:14:23 AM »
On Vertigo tour played 131 shows.  In 2005 they played 32 shows in Europe alone. This summer they are playing only 15 shows! 

How do you justify only 15 shows in Europe?  Only 16 shows are slated for US until april, so even if they come back in Europe next year, you cannot expect more that 60 shows on this tour?

How do you justify only one show in Ireland? 

daveyg

Re: Tiresome U2
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 07:21:29 AM »
Artritis? Old age?

Looking after the people that launched them in Dublin?

Maybe they have - no they probably definitely do - but considering the feedback has been so mixed on the new album, hand in hand with not a lot of money round, maybe they're just hedging their bets and not announcing additional nights yet. If they sell weel, they'll suddenly have three nights in Dublin.

Offline alanr79

• Refugee
  • Laugher is eternity if the joy is real!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 07:25:12 AM »
Croke park is booked for 2 additional nights...look at the time lags between dates - they are sure to announce second and possibly third dates once they are sure sales figures are assured. It is just being prudent. And in terms of the states, don't forget they haven't played stadia since popmart.

Offline thijst

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 08:18:51 AM »
Last time round, the additional dates were not announced either. Amsterdam had only 1 night but 2 more were added. This happened everywhere and it will happen this time around as well. Expect around 30 shows in Europe this summer. And they'll be back for more in 2010.

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 09:30:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On Vertigo tour played 131 shows.  In 2005 they played 32 shows in Europe alone. This summer they are playing only 15 shows! 

How do you justify only 15 shows in Europe?  Only 16 shows are slated for US until april, so even if they come back in Europe next year, you cannot expect more that 60 shows on this tour?

How do you justify only one show in Ireland? 

i think we can expect them to add an extra date in most cities at least. there is plenty of scope there.still its still not going to be anywhere near the size of the tour we'd normally get,perhaps they don't want to do that anymore and instead tour for 4 months then break and do another few months

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 11:02:27 AM »
The dates are spread across Europe and they will add multiple dates at the general sale so we will have approx 25 dates in Europe. Plus they are expected to return next year, so what's the problem??? ???

Offline bluetooth

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 03:38:59 PM »
You will see problem when you will try to get tickets. 

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 04:31:46 PM »
I may be in a fortunate position, with plenty of people with memberships.
myself for Glasgow
my pal for London
my girlfriend's brother for Nice.
I have 100% faith in the presales and will get GA's for all those shows.

The only doubt for me is buying for the second London show when it goes on sale.