Author Topic: Any Members here have Kids? Any of them U2 fans or anti U2 Fans because of you?  (Read 5312 times)

Sydney_Mike

Have got 3 kids between 12 - 17, all of whom don't mind loading a bit of my U2 collection on to their ipod. None share the degree of fanaticism that I have, but certainly no opposition or negativity.

Was so cool that eldest's first ever concert was Vertigo 06 in Sydney. Her review (and mine) was posted in the @U2blog

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
Have got 3 kids between 12 - 17, all of whom don't mind loading a bit of my U2 collection on to their ipod. None share the degree of fanaticism that I have, but certainly no opposition or negativity.

Was so cool that eldest's first ever concert was Vertigo 06 in Sydney. Her review (and mine) was posted in the @U2blog

Mike, I just read your daughter's review. You're my new role model.  :)

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
See, I've got the opposite problem! My father liked them moderately and gave me a couple of songs to listen to. I became obsessed (especially after getting the singles album for Christmas), and now I annoy them by slipping U2 references into every conversation!  ;)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
No battles - they get it in the car - its quite inspiring to hear your kids doing the opening to Elevation!

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)

Thanks for sharing that with us, great read.  :)

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
Well im the son of a U2 fan. But my dad didn't really shove there music in my face so to speak. So I grew up knowing about this band U2 but not really knowing there music. But one day I just Started listening.

Mal

Offline MEMORY_MAN

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I must follow the path to the endless road...
My 5 year old son loves Vertigo especially also Saints are Coming, City of Blinding Lights, Elevation and some others.  He seems to favor the newer stuff.  Oh yeah.  He was singing Sunday Bloody Sunday with me when we watched the newly released Red Rocks dvd.  He always asks when we are going to see Bono in concert.  My daughter is 19m and dances to all music and seems to like my U2 dvds.  My wife and I are big U2 fans so we are excited that our kids like the music.  It is fun to see your kids take interest in the music you like.  Especially considering U2 is so positive.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!

Mike, is it your daughter with you on that photo? Is there a way to see it bigger?

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
Christmas gave an interesting opportunity to raise the kids up on U2.  One got an MP3 player and his older sister already had one.  This of course made me add more CDs to the library on my computer, and naturally I uploaded as much U2 as I could onto each of their players.  I am now sitting back to see what happens.  They know how to delete songs and haven't gotten rid of any of the U2 cuts yet.

Offline Aburrow

• Headache in a Suitcase
I got a 16 year old girl. she has little to no interest in U2, but is familiar with the big hits of the last few years (Stuck in a Moment, Beautiful Day, Vertigo). She tolerates em but that's it. I have no hope of converting her. Maybe some day she'll see the light on her own. After I'm dead n gone. "My dad liked this band, and he was cool, hence they're cool, therefore I should listen to them, too..."