Author Topic: Rose Bowl (October 25, 2009)  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Bowie Fett

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Rose Bowl (October 25, 2009)
« on: March 10, 2009, 06:45:35 PM »
Who will attend this show? I've loved every stadium experience I've had at the venue (Stones, Floyd, Guns N' Roses/Metallica).

8)

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
  • U2, Peter Gabriel, and Genesis shall dominate
Re: Rose Bowl (October 25, 2009)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 10:26:48 PM »
This might be the show I attend. I wish they play arenas not stadiums though.

Offline Ricco

• Stateless
  • I was the bad guy who walked out...
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 03:57:04 PM »
This may be the show that I attend since they haven't announced a Nor Cal/Bay Area show.  I am still pi**ed about this.  And I won't buy the tickets right away for the Rose Bowl unless I am sure that Nor Cal is not going to happen, so I will get stuck with nose bleeds at the Rose Bowl at scalpers prices.  That will be hard to swallow for someone that has been in the heart pit and interacted with Bono during the Elevation tour and was right up front for Vertigo as well.  One good thing besides the travel and tickets I will be able to afford at the Rose Bowl is that I have family right there, ten minutes from the stadium where I can stay for free. 

Offline jkgreen

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 08:40:47 PM »
Has this date been confirmed?

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 06:57:10 AM »
yeah think i'll be there. have to fly in from sydney though. a lot to organise (& a great expense for an unemployed git).

Offline OneStepCloser

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Can you hear the drummer slowing?
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
I'll probably be at this one. Should be fun. I've seen the Marine Corps band play there a couple times, and it seems like a fairly nice place to have a concert.

hurricane hugo

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This may be the show that I attend since they haven't announced a Nor Cal/Bay Area show.  I am still pi**ed about this.  And I won't buy the tickets right away for the Rose Bowl unless I am sure that Nor Cal is not going to happen, so I will get stuck with nose bleeds at the Rose Bowl at scalpers prices.  That will be hard to swallow for someone that has been in the heart pit and interacted with Bono during the Elevation tour and was right up front for Vertigo as well.  One good thing besides the travel and tickets I will be able to afford at the Rose Bowl is that I have family right there, ten minutes from the stadium where I can stay for free. 

More US shows coming in June/July 2010. They will NOT skip the Bay Area.

#@!

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 02:48:34 PM »

More US shows coming in June/July 2010. They will NOT skip the Bay Area.

#@!

Yes! Maybe they'll have more So. Cal shows.

joegtheog

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 02:52:06 PM »
I will not take for granted they are coming to San Diego in 2010 so I am going to this one.

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 02:54:08 PM »
Well, just in case I'll go to a show in LA, Phoenix, or Vegas. Then if they do come to San Diego I'll defiantly try to go.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 01:14:40 AM »
Well, just in case I'll go to a show in LA, Phoenix, or Vegas. Then if they do come to San Diego I'll defiantly try to go.

I'm going to try for these 3 shows as well (probably try GA for all of them), & if they add a 2nd LA show I'll try for a seated ticket during the general sale (if presale isn't offered).
 ;D