Author Topic: Couple of Seating Charts; One with pricing  (Read 1925 times)

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
Couple of Seating Charts; One with pricing
« on: March 10, 2009, 08:45:52 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
Re: Couple of Seating Charts; One with pricing
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 04:42:49 PM »
great information! Can anyone convert these posted prices to US dollars?

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 04:45:52 PM »
The US prices should be $250, $95, $55 and $30 as posted when the tour was announced.

Offline Hohat

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 08:02:39 AM »
The Amsterdam prices are broadly consistent with the announced USD prices, apart - interestingly - from the top price tickets. Today, 1 Euro buys you around $1.30, and so the 150 Euro tickets are actually around $195 rather than $250 dollars.

Also, the Croke Park top price tickets have been announced at around 130 Euro - i.e. around $170.

It will be interesting to see whether the US prices are quite as high as $250. I personally am waiting for info on the UK prices this week...

Offline macphisto96

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 08:13:46 AM »
The Amsterdam prices are broadly consistent with the announced USD prices, apart - interestingly - from the top price tickets. Today, 1 Euro buys you around $1.30, and so the 150 Euro tickets are actually around $195 rather than $250 dollars.

Also, the Croke Park top price tickets have been announced at around 130 Euro - i.e. around $170.

It will be interesting to see whether the US prices are quite as high as $250. I personally am waiting for info on the UK prices this week...

It seems to me that they indicated the $250 would only be charged in certain markets where they felt it was a sustainable rate.  NYC, Boston, etc would be possibilities here.  Other cities might see the top ticket at $150.  The rumor here in Tampa is that the prices will top out at around $150 here, though that may change. 

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 08:31:29 AM »

It seems to me that they indicated the $250 would only be charged in certain markets where they felt it was a sustainable rate.  NYC, Boston, etc would be possibilities here.  Other cities might see the top ticket at $150.  The rumor here in Tampa is that the prices will top out at around $150 here, though that may change. 

I would hope so, but I don't know if that will be the case. A majority of tickets (for any event) are usually not adjusted for certain markets. I don't know why though. In some instances, making $35K is the equivalent as making $80K in another state. Everything is adjusted for that market (food, clothes, rent, etc.). It baffles me to why ticket prices aren't adjusted. I guarantee you if U2 tries sell 10,000 tickets at $250 in Oklahoma, they won't even sell half of them. On the other hand, they'll sell most, if not all, if the price is around $150.