Author Topic: Will the stage rotate?  (Read 1640 times)

Offline realist

• Wanderer
Will the stage rotate?
« on: March 11, 2009, 05:33:47 PM »
Will the stage rotate? This may have been covered previously, sorry if it has.  Any thoughts?
Also for seating where would be the best seats?  Would you try and get at say 3'oclock or 9 o'clock from the stage or further away from the stage.  Im just worried about the view being blocked by the spider legs if i was further up the length of the field?   Any thoughts would be appreciated.   :)
Have a good day all.

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
Re: Will the stage rotate?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 05:36:36 PM »
Don't know.  They keep saying they're doing something that no one has done before.  The 360 stage has been done plenty of times so something still has to be under wraps.

Offline realist

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 05:42:20 PM »
yeh it will be interesting...also people are wondering how they will make it onto the surrounding catwalk.  thats got me puzzled 2.
your right maybe a few things are still under wraps.

would love some thoughts on the best seasts, unfortunately standing might be out of the question for me as my fiance is short and she is worrying about not seeing.

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 08:29:49 PM »
I think it is important to remember that, even though the stage is round and flat, there is still going to be a "front" where the band will face most of the time. Unless of course it is rotating. :)

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 01:25:38 AM »

How would a rotating stage affect the cabling for all the kit? I think they'd need a fixed central point for all their gear and then they could maybe have a rotating outer donut-shaped part of the stage.

Offline lilah

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 03:37:01 PM »
I thought I read somewhere that Larry said it would rotate. Did anyone else read that - Rolling Stone?  Billboard?

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 04:49:07 PM »
Rotate would be great!  Levatate even better!  lol  ;D
(sorry couldn't resist) 

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 05:34:08 PM »
A levitating stage has definitely never been done before....as far as I know.

Although there was a lot of talk of spaceships, so maybe Bono will fly 360 around the stadium , he always says he wants to get closer to his audience.