Author Topic: Don Valley Stadium presale tickets  (Read 5111 times)

Offline jeanettehebb

• Babyface
Don Valley Stadium presale tickets
« on: March 13, 2009, 07:09:53 AM »
please help! I'm in a state of panic! I am worried that I have missed the presale to purchase Don Valley Stadium tickets. Has anyone else managed to buy any yet for Sheffield?

Jeanette.x

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Don Valley Stadium presale tickets
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 07:11:35 AM »
Presale not started yet, but after this morning's updates looks like it will be March 24th not the 17th, so you have missed out on nothing, to be honest I have a feeling this will be one of the slower sellers on this tour so don't worry.

Offline jeanettehebb

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 07:28:38 AM »
Many Thanks! I can relax now. x
 :)

Offline dangerous and honest

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Outside its a car park! Outside its a car park!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 08:28:27 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Presale not started yet, but after this morning's updates looks like it will be March 24th not the 17th, so you have missed out on nothing, to be honest I have a feeling this will be one of the slower sellers on this tour so don't worry.

Thanks for the info on the pre-sale dates.

Not sure about it destined to be a slow seller though. Don Valley is not very big (certainly a lot smaller than most if not all the other stadiums on the European leg). Add in the fact that U2 are not playing Manchester, the UK 'midlands' or Leeds on this leg and I think it could sell out fast. Many 'Northern' English fans will probably end up going to Cardiff or a second date at Wembley (if one arrives).

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 07:52:59 AM »
 Where has it been reported that the pre-sale is on the 24th and not the 17th? I hope it's on the 24th as I could take a day off work.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 08:42:02 AM by AliSPNfan »

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 12:04:12 PM »
I thought the pre-sale for the UK was Tues 17th march ?? am i wrong ? would be better for me if it is the following week. because i cant get time off . but have got my brother on the job .

I'm from the North West of England and think like many others from round here will go to Cardiff before Don Valley.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:06:12 PM by kev346 »

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 01:51:23 PM »
Hey, Kev, where are you in the North West? I'm in Blackburn and hope to go to the Wembley show then Sheffield.I'll skip Cardiff as it's hell to get to if you don't drive.

I thought the pre-sale was the 20th, too, but I'd be happy if it was the 24th as I can't take any days off this week.PLEASE be the 24th  :-\

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 03:28:49 PM »

17th is Paddy's Day so expect all the Irish fans to be distracted :)

Offline miketighe

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 03:38:28 AM »
I too am panicing abut sheffield! I really want tics for this show but am getting more and more worried.

I'm in Horizon group, how's it going for them? I've generally heard positive results from them so far but what about the busier shows? I'm a little bit terrified to tell you the truth  :o

good luck guys! hopefully see you at the gig! x

Offline jeanettehebb

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 04:51:38 AM »
It looks like the presale for Sheffield for Horizon subscibers has started today. I hope that everyone is finding it easy to get their tickets! I think that I'm down as a Boots subscriber so won't be able to get mine until tomorrow at 3pm. Hopefully there will be plenty left. I'm hoping to get the 30 tickets and wondered if anyone else has managed to get hold of the cheaper ones yet?

I'm feeling really nervous and worried that it will all go wrong and the waiting is driving me mad!
Fingers crossed for everyone!!
jeanette.x

Offline stujee

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 04:53:42 AM »
It went as smooth as a dream, got them in less than a minute!

Offline dangerous and honest

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Outside its a car park! Outside its a car park!
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 10:06:21 AM »
Got my Sheffield tickets ok.

I actually wanted 2 seated and 2 standing but I was told there were insufficent quantites so I had to get all standing.

Seems strange as I ordered them 10:30am

Has anybody got seated tickets for Sheffield without any problems? Maybe by splitting the order in this way I somehow 'confused' the system!

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 10:33:07 AM »
 I was at work today from 7am until 3pm worrying myself sick about not being able to get any tickets, but I managed to get two seated tickets in Block 23 Row P without any problems.To be honest, I'm not too bothered about where I am as long as I'm at a U2 show again  ;D

Offline jeanettehebb

• Babyface
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 03:34:03 AM »
I'm going to try for tickets in the boots presale at 3pm.  I'm hoping to get the 30 tickets although I'm a bit worried that most of those will have already gone. Does anyone know the prices of the other tickets cos I can't really afford much more than 50 tops? Also I wondered if anyone knew what the seats are like at 30.

I'm going to be a nervous wreck all day and it would be great if someone could give me some ticket advice.
Many thanks
jeanette.x

Offline stujee

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 04:28:37 AM »
I managed to get two seated, then went back in 5 minutes later and got 2 standing.