Author Topic: Don Valley Stadium presale tickets  (Read 5110 times)

Offline SDD3000

• Stateless
Re: Don Valley Stadium presale tickets
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2009, 04:00:48 AM »
Never before has it been that easy to purchase tickets..  ;D Wow! Hope ticketline dosnt go bust!

Offline owls05

• Babyface
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2009, 09:38:27 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Im in the queue at sheff arena now. Theres about 150 in front of us (including a few who are a bit worse for wear at front lol). We should be able to get tickets fingers crossed [/quote Good luck! Tell us how you get on!
i managed to get ga tickets! We got down at 5.30 and we were served at about 11.30. The system kept crashing online and when it does that it also crashes the computers in the box office lol we wanted 30 tickets but we won't complain about standing!

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2009, 10:15:12 AM »
I got 2 30 tickets via ticketmaster, it was as smooth as silk, absolutely no issues and very quick(unlike other tours) i actaully reselected and got the block behind the stage, hoping it;s ok, as it's the 360 tour so should be a gret view and close up.

Also got GA for dublin(presale) so well chuffed, roll on 2010 for eurpoe leg 3/4.

I have to say the UK / ROI sales were excellent, shame on the rest of europe cos their sales(milan and gothenburg were crap!)

Offline tannwick

• Babyface
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2009, 02:54:32 PM »
Hey everyone,

another new poster, I got 4 standing tix through Boots pre-sale for Don Valley - will be excellent to be on the pitch having been in the stands at Twickenham on the last tour. The first time I saw them was in Sheffield Arena way back for Zoo TV, so chuffed to be seeing them in Sheff again :)

Whole process was smooth and trouble free - the way it should be.

Offline SDD3000

• Stateless
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2009, 09:56:08 AM »
My first time was Sheff Arena too. Great gig, kickstarted my passion for the band. So glad they are playing here again, saving me a lot of money on hotels!

Offline tannwick

• Babyface
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2009, 02:35:56 AM »
I still think that was the best U2 gig i've seen - PopMart at Leeds has come closest since - the rain actually helped make the atmosphere!

At the time I saw them in Sheff i'd been a big fan for around 3 years (from R&H) but hadn't got my act into gear to see them in Europe for Lovetown, so Sheff Zoo TV was very special - I went to Uni in Sheffield too, so having not had the opportunity to be there for a while it should be great gig.

;D  ;D  ;D

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2009, 01:56:02 PM »
Hey, I remember the rain at Leeds for the Popmart Tour!! I bought a waterproof coat the day before after reading the weather forecast--and, boy, did I need it :o.The clouds were so dark when Cast were playing that people were paying more attention to them than who was on stage.The lead singer of Cast was pi**ed off and he said something like "The f--king rain will stop when U2 come out, just watch".Well, it did  :D

Popmart was a great tour.

Offline tannwick

• Babyface
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2009, 02:28:27 PM »
Cast were one of the better support acts i've seen - they seemed to suit the atmosphere better than most. I really enjoyed that night at Roundhay :) Would have enjoyed it more if i'd i'd got to know the nice lady standing by me also  :(

Elbow are worth looking forward to at Don Valley.

Offline vertigo5000

• Babyface
  • Stewing in my own juices
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 05:30:44 AM »
lol a little story

I was on the TicketMaster website at dead 9:00am on Friday I clicked the Search for tickets button and didnt realise I had one "held" for me and to enter my credit card details so I clicked BACK
and then figured what I'd done and had to wait 5 Minutes to get another ticket, Thank god it was GA I wanted

...Most Stressful 5 mins of my life, I was nearly crying  :)

Offline SDD3000

• Stateless
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2009, 01:31:11 PM »
I was at Leeds for the Popmart also. Jesus talk about rain. I still cant forget me and my pal stood under a tree rain dripping down our backs, watching Cast thinking "poor bastards". That was a long day. We actually went to see a u2 tribute band after the gig aswell.

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »
The rain was so heavy when Cast were on stage that me & my sis just stood, in our new raincoats, with our heads bowed so the rain would run off us.The clouds were so black that it was like the end of the world and people just kept looking over their shoulders....all you heard was "OMG, will you f-king look at that".Trying to find the coach afterwards was murder  :o

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2009, 04:25:13 PM »
ye but i was so tightly packed in the crowd that i only got wet from the shoulders up. when it stopped raining you could see all the steam rising from the crowd as people were drying  ;D
 still one of my favourite gigs to this day too !