Author Topic: Getting tickets for shows that are added  (Read 2838 times)

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
Getting tickets for shows that are added
« on: March 13, 2009, 10:25:31 AM »
First the background:
I have a horizon code, and will go to the Chicago show no matter what, as my brother and fellow U2 fan/concert buddy lives there and its the closest show to me.

My original plan was to buy a pair of tickets for the show, and a pair for the next nights show when it got added. Then I have been reading a presale for night 2 is unlikely.

So I thought maybe I could do the following:

A) Hope that there is a presale for the second show and problem is solved.
B) Buy 4 tickets to night 1, and trade 2 of them for night 2 over the summer.
C) Spend more money than I am prepared to part with and just go to another town.
D) Find 2 more friends, go to the first night, and still be excited because I got to see my favorite band play, then call it quits for this leg of the tour.

What does anybody advise? I am nervous about trading tickets, as I haven't done that before. I don't really want to sell them, as U2 tickets that make it into my hand are so valuable, I couldn't imagine not making sure they got put to good use. (I bought tickets last tour, couldn't use them and sold them at face...one of the most painful moments of my life)

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
Re: Getting tickets for shows that are added
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 10:32:52 AM »
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to buy 2 tickets for the first night through the pre-sale and then buy 2 tickets when the add the 2nd night with out the pre-sale.  Just make sure you are paying close attention to when they add the 2nd date.  I've never done this before so I could be wrong, it might be next to impossible to do it this way.  Anyway, if you don't get in on the 2nd night, be happy you got to see them the first night and hope they come back to Chicago when they come back to North America and then you can get 2 more through the pre-sale.  Does that make sense?  I am planning on getting 4 tickets through pre-sale to see them in MA (because I have 6 family members going) and then the other 2 tickets during general public sale and then I'm hoping they come back in 2010 and I will get tickets through public sale then.  I did this for Vertigo, but they came to Boston 3 times then.  I saw them in May '05 and then again in Dec '05 although I went to Hartford to see them the 2nd time.

Offline aarond

• Party Girl/Boy
  • What no man can own, no man can take.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 10:35:46 AM »
Yeah...I think I am just nervous because I went through the tour group last time (thats out of business), and this is my first adventure in to the world of presales, the general sale and all that.

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 10:44:57 AM »
Yeah, I hear ya, I get nervous too.  But last time I actually got better seats through the general public than the pre-sale.  Of course I didn't know at the time of the pre-sale that GA was cheaper so I went for the $150 tickets not knowing it wasn't GA.  That was before I was on this forum, I was very uneducated!  However, they were also doing way more shows last time, although I think it may even out somewhat because they are doing bigger venues this time around.  I can tell you not to worry but the truth is it's a crap shoot no matter what strategy you pick.  Good luck and I'm sure you'll be able to see them a couple of times!

Offline sheisraging

• Babyface
  • I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme.....
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 10:54:10 AM »
I'm doing the general sale. I live dangerously.  ;)