Author Topic: 360 degrees?  (Read 1095 times)

andyt

360 degrees?
« on: March 14, 2009, 04:28:23 AM »
I don't understand this 360 degrees thing - how is this any different from for the Elevation Tour? Apart from the fact it's a free standing structure which is only interesting to, well, no one really.

The band faced 'forwards' and people behind the stage watched the backs of the bands heads. Unless the stage rotates which probably won't happen then it's just another set a bit like Elevation. Didn't Lovetown sell tickets behind the band too? I guess Bono can run around the circle walkway but he did that on the heart on the Elevation Tour also.

Prince played in the round recently which you could call 360 degress - I'm just not sure what makes this such an interesting concept but we'll have to wait and see.

Also, with those enormous (and a bit silly) spiders legs, surely people within the site lines of those will definately have an obstructed view of the stage.

I think this concept might be marketing over practical reality... by Blackberry!? ;)

Offline BeneathTheNoise

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: 360 degrees?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 04:44:38 AM »
If you go to 360.u2.com, it shows the stage rotating.

andyt

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 04:46:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Is that just to show you the concept on unobstructed views though?

Offline BeneathTheNoise

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 05:33:14 AM »
I don't think so.. it wouldn't make much sense to call it 360 if it didn't rotate. But I see your point, it would be a pretty pointless set up if it doesn't rotate.

Offline castor777

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 01:31:29 PM »

Is that just to show you the concept on unobstructed views though?

That's what I thought, because it shows the stadium in the background moving along as well.  I'd hope it rotates, otherwise as you said, there's not a whole lot original about it.  Just glad it's in bigger stadiums than last tour - hopefully tickets will last a whole extra minute longer than they did last time.