Author Topic: Hello  (Read 21618 times)

Offline THEGREATROBYNIE

• Babyface
  • Ali's one lucky lady, and Bono's one lucky guy!
Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 01:49:25 PM »
Hi,
My name is Robyn, and I have been on the old forum a lot of times, but I tell you a little about me.  I love U2, and when I'm on the computer, all I usually do is look up U2 things, not all the time, but a lot.  I never have gotten to see the boys personally, and am waiting till the day I do.  I live in South Fl, and when they come here on their next tour I'm going to do everything in my power to met them.  I also like to travel, swim , read. spending time with my family, when we get back home(Milwaukee WI) to see them.  I also like spending time with my husband.  Next year Jan 6th will be our 20th anniversary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blessings aren't just for the ones who kneel-------Luckily

Offline Boomerang18

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 02:10:18 PM »
Hi,

My name is Peter and I am from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada.  Here to follow the greatest rock n' roll band...in the world!!!  And many albums to come...

Offline shkee23

• Wanderer
  • That's where Adam is...Lost in Space
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 02:39:49 PM »
Hey all, my name is Andy and I'm from Massachusetts. I'm a diehard Celtics fan since birth and I've been a fan of U2 since about 2002. My favorite album is The Joshua Tree, with Achtung Baby a VERY close second, although my favorite song is Bad.

Can't wait for the new album!!

Offline yam_yam

• Refugee
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 02:46:14 PM »
Hey, my name is Kieran and I live in the West Midlands, England. Been a fan for about 8 years now but they have took over my musical world. I even have a U2 tattoo!

Offline marta7luisa

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 02:52:46 PM »
Hi. I not a new fan...  :-[ ... I become from the other forum.  ;) I'm a portuguese girl who likes U2 since 1986/7 (at that time I was 12/13 years old). Yeah... long time ago. I started listening the band with my parents, then with my friends at school. I always had a particular feeling about their music... I don't know maybe just like a refuge.  ;) The impact of the band in me has gone through several stages. But the most striking may be the turning point of great music and the visibility and fight for true social causes. I must confess that the last album was very surprising, I'm anxious for the new one. Even so, I'm still a fan of "the Unforgatable Fire". I'm careful about what's going on with the band (new albuns, new tours....) but also with the One Campaign and RED products.
See u around  :D

daveyg

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 02:59:59 PM »
Daveyg here from Dublin! How are we all doing?

Offline marta7luisa

• Babyface
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Daveyg here from Dublin! How are we all doing?

Hi Daveyg
How are you? From Dublin.... how lucky u are... I've been there for 3 times... what an amazing city. :)

Offline NickyMcMillan

• Babyface
  • The More We Learn The Less We Know - OMD 1981
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 03:14:52 PM »
Nicky here in Chicago, originally from Scotland.  :)

Good to see a new improved forum for @U2. I wasn't too keen on the old one to be honest.

Offline swearingmonk

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 03:17:52 PM »
Hi I'm Finbar.
I live in London but was born in Melbourne aus ;D

Offline marta7luisa

• Babyface
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 03:21:31 PM »
Nicky here in Chicago, originally from Scotland.  :)

Good to see a new improved forum for @U2. I wasn't too keen on the old one to be honest.

Hi Nick
Last year I visit Scotland (first time) and Ireland (for the secound time)...
Well Scotland is just like an open space museum... so beautiful...

Offline NickyMcMillan

• Babyface
  • The More We Learn The Less We Know - OMD 1981
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 03:35:10 PM »
Hi Nick
Last year I visit Scotland (first time) and Ireland (for the secound time)...
Well Scotland is just like an open space museum... so beautiful...

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed my homeland & Ireland! I miss Europe allot. Wont be back til next summer. Hoping to coincide with a U2 tour.  :)

Did you try the haggis? I'm making it for my American wife and a few friends here soon. I think they are scared!  ;D

Offline zookeeper

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 04:23:51 PM »
Greetings from Detroit...!  U2 has been my favorite band since high school when the War album came out.  I've had the great privilege of attending 26 U2 concerts so far -- from Berlin to Honolulu -- and cannot wait for the new album and the next tour.  (Zookeeper impatiently tapping foot, waiting, waiting, waiting, wishing Bono would stop saving world long enough to finish the new music already...!!   :))

Love the new forum -- nice job!

Offline rattle and hum

• Stateless
  • Playing with the fire till the fire played with me
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2008, 04:24:19 PM »
hey guys!
I'm maria from St. Louis Mo. I'm almost 15, so I can't say I've been a fan from the beginning like a lot of you here! My mom gave me Boy when I was 11 and I've pretty much been hooked since! wow i can't even say how much i love this band. My best friend loves the beatles, and the kids at school are always poking fun at us for not liking chris brown and the jonas brothers and stuff. haha maybe someday they'll see the light. we know it's hip to be square. ;) Edge inspired me to pick up the guitar when i was 12, and now my friend (the one that likes the beatles) and I are in a band together. she also plays guitar. We cover a lot of beatles and U2 stuff, it's a blast.

it's so nice to be able to talk to you all about the greatest band on earth!
i gotta go, it's the end of the quarter and i've got loads of homework. high school gets demanding when you'd rather spend your time on a hip U2 forum. ;)

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • AchtungCloud on old forum
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2008, 04:28:39 PM »
I'm living in Midland, TX and I was AchtungCloud on the old forums.  I've been a U2 fan since 2001, but since then I've grown to enjoy all their music.  Zooropa is my favorite album and song, and Achtung Baby, The Joshua Tree, and The Unforgettable Fire are my next favorite three in some order.

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2008, 04:42:04 PM »
Hello everyone .
I'm Kevin from Horwich near Manchester in the UK. I've been a fan of U2 since 1982. my fav album is the Unforgettable Fire and fav song is Bad. I've seen U2 loads of times my last show was the final night of the Vertigo tour in Hawaii.
hope to have some good chats on all things U2.
really like the look of the new forum  :)