Author Topic: Hello  (Read 22133 times)

An Cat Dubh

Re: Hello
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2008, 05:03:13 PM »
Hey fellow U2 fans!
Simon here, been a U2 fan since 1983 when I first heard Sunday Bloody Sunday and laid eyes on that iconic War cover! I lived in Liverpool, England all my life up until February this year when I moved to Seattle, USA (through marriage). Seen the boys live 40 times, and can not wait for the new album/tour. This is my first forum though, love the @U2 website and thought I'd give it a go.
Favorite tour - Zoo TV (indoor), favorite album - Achtung Baby, Boy & Pop!

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 05:03:55 PM »
Welcome to one and all. Nice to "meet" you, and nice to see some old friends, too, of course. :)

Offline mattyk

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 05:39:38 PM »
Hi All!
I'm mat (formerly mekertesz on the old forum due to a massive lack of imagination - have now reverted to my usual nickname).
I live at the end of the yellow brick road in Sydney Australia. I'm a marine scientist and a scuba diving instructor.
Became a fan when I was about 15 ("All That You Can't..." era). Favourite U2 albums are AB, ATYCLB, Pop and JT, but I usually listen to live recordings (yay for DVD Audio Ripper).

Looking forward to getting into the new forum and congrats to the @U2 team for the hard work and wonderful results.

Cheers!

Offline AmericanAngel

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • My nick-name is Wonder Woman.
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2008, 05:51:18 PM »
Hi! Patty here. Been apart of @U2 since 2003. I was livin in a cave till the spring of 2003 when I heard "Pride" and "Streets With No Name" on the radio. I fell in love with no escape.  :-*They are my soul brothers.

I was born in Munich, Germany..air force brat!  ;D Lived in Maine and Michigan. Found out that I have Irish and Canadian roots. I also lived in South Florida. Graduated there, 1979....wasn't that a very good year?!!!! ;) :-*  I now reside in southwest Louisiana for 25 years now. I have been married, happily now 24 years. Have a 22yr old son and 20yr old daughter and a almost 1yr old granddaughter! My cat in named Larry, of course!!!! ;D

My username, AmericanAngel comes from a drawing of an angel I drew for Bono for Data/One. Only a few people have seen it over the years. I was also a big fan of Bonoonline, which is sadly gone. :( I hope to see some of my girlfriends from there here too.

And ..welcome all you newbies and regulars!!!!!!!!!

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2008, 06:02:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey fellow U2 fans!
Simon here, been a U2 fan since 1983 when I first heard Sunday Bloody Sunday and laid eyes on that iconic War cover! I lived in Liverpool, England all my life up until February this year when I moved to Seattle, USA (through marriage). Seen the boys live 40 times, and can not wait for the new album/tour. This is my first forum though, love the @U2 website and thought I'd give it a go.

Yeah, that Zoo TV Indoor Leg was pretty special. Not a lot of shows, and it was the beginning to all of the madness.

And hey all -- looks like our new gig here has started with a boom. This forum is way better with other people finally  ;Dposting.

Offline AmericanAngel

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2008, 06:07:43 PM »
Hi Hawk!!!!! *waving smilie* :-*

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2008, 06:26:08 PM »
Hey fellow U2 fans!

Yeah, that Zoo TV Indoor Leg was pretty special. Not a lot of shows, and it was the beginning to all of the madness.

And hey all -- looks like our new gig here has started with a boom. This forum is way better with other people finally  ;Dposting.

Yeah, if only they had done as many indoor Zoo TV shows as Elevation or Vertigo. Dont get me wrong - loved the way the tour evolved and grew, but those indoor shows were INTENSE! Paris Bercy 05/07/92 was the most amazing concert I have ever attended (final Elevation show in Miami came very close!)

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2008, 06:52:35 PM »
hello everyone! i'm mai from the Philippines living in a city called Las Pinas. i've been an avid fan of U2 since 1985 when I saw them play Sunday Bloody Sunday in Live Aid. i'm so thankful that Live Aid was simulcast here at that time. many Filipinos(pinoys) have been waiting for decades for U2 to come over here for a concert. we're really hoping the greatest and biggest band of the entire planet will consider.  :)

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2008, 07:02:34 PM »
Hey there AA How y'all in the swamp? Ya doin' some down south jukin'?
 ;D

Offline twisted fish

• Babyface
  • Buy the ticket, take the ride.
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2008, 07:11:35 PM »
Hiya, name's Michelle, 17 years old, live on the east coast of the US. Was registered at the old forum, under the alias "reg", although I haven't posted much in the past year or two. Anyways, like new forum and layout and stuff, looks great  ;)

I'm a marine scientist and a scuba diving instructor.

dude! can I be you when I grow up?  :P
I'm going to college next year for marine science and am trying to get my Divemaster this winter/spring/summer!  ;D

Offline thefly07

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2008, 07:38:14 PM »
Hello all. my name is Jake and I've been an avid reader of @U2 for 8 years now. I'm 22 from Charlotte NC, though I go to school in Greensboro. I've seen U2 three times, once in Atlanta on Vertigo, and twice in Charlotte on Elevation and Vertigo, respectively. My avatar is from the Charlotte Vertigo show. I have more pics which I would love to share with you all here. I was registered on this forum as "____please" but I only posted an erratic handful of times. I'm glad they revamped the forum as it is kind of a fresh start, for folks like me who never really kept up too much with it, I look forward to joining this community in spirited discussion about U2 and other things.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 07:44:26 PM by thefly07 »

Offline followeru2

• Wanderer
  • long time fan from Brazil
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2008, 08:15:38 PM »
Okay, Im from Brazil and my name is Maria Teresa. I was registered at the old forum as follower, but never was a frequent user. Ive been a huge U2 fan since Live Aid, 1985. My alltime fave song is Bad, my fave album is Pop. Just cant live without listening to U2 on a daily basis. Oh, and @U2 has always been my fave fansite outside Brazil. You guys have done a great job here for such a long time, you have the best U2 news archive online. I have done lots of research on @U2 news archive to produce a podcast we have here, its from our Brazilian fanclub, Ultraviolet-U2. So thank you.

Congrats on the new forum, looks prety nice!

MT

Offline AmericanAngel

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2008, 09:23:47 PM »
Hey there AA How y'all in the swamp? Ya doin' some down south jukin'?
 ;D

Jukin?  Huh? LOL are you talkin some kinda hinden football slang jargon at me?!!!!!!!  ;D
I know how you LOOOOOOVE football!

and...during "Ike"....it was like livin on the Bayou for 2 days!! :D ;D

Offline Alex

• Wanderer
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2008, 09:51:25 PM »
*quietly enters the room*

Erm....heh...My name is Alex and I'm a...ups that line's taken already  :-\. Right...well I've been manufactured in 1990  ;D and been a U2 fan since ....erm... 2005 i guess. Yes a real newbie!  ;D

Didn't register on the old forum but when i saw the new one i thought ''Hey look a chance for me to blend in and pretend nothing happened ^.^ ''

Don't know what else to say so I'll get back in my corner now. *slowly walks away*

:)

Offline alex.found.pete.the.chop

• Refugee
  • ... in hell with a bottle of milk
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2008, 10:33:49 PM »
::) I live in Montreal Quebec ( Canada) and have been a fan since 1977 and still going strong .

Do you have pre-Boy releases?  I'm drooling here.

Hi, I live in California and I've been a fan since 1980?  ( :D That sounds like a self-help group intro.)