::: Again, Hello from Mexico.

...hope to see the old gang together again at the new Forum @U2  :-\

Offline iulennyc

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Hello
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2008, 11:55:15 PM »
Hi there!!
I'm Iulen from San Sebastian (Spain).
Waiting for the next U2 album and tour!!
Regards

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2008, 12:13:29 AM »
Hi all! I'll reintroduce myself, too.

I'm Violet... I'm fairly new as a fan (2.5 years), but I adore Achtung Baby (War and Zooropa coming in a close second... and Joshua Tree... and Boy...!).

I'm a beginning bassist, obviously inspired by Adam!  ;D  "Endless Deep" is glorious.

Offline matam

• Wanderer
  • Sing your heart out......
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2008, 06:13:20 AM »
Hi ! I am really glad to be already here....new @U2 forum..yaah. I'm 19 years old, come from Slovakia, Europe  :)  and I've been a fan since 2004 I guess.

I must say I really like this new forum, it's pretty cool and I'm looking forward to all the discussions and so on.  ;)

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2008, 06:34:33 AM »
Hi!
I'm Jen from Minnesota.  Been a fan since the early 80's.  First show I saw was Achtung Baby-- back when you had to stand in lines out in the cold at the break of dawn to buy tickets.  Thank God for the internet!! :)
Last show was Honolulu- which was awesome!!

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2008, 06:53:47 AM »
Hi, all!  u2yooper here.  I've been a fan since high school, when a friend made me a tape with 'War' on one side and 'UF' on the other.  I about wore the darn thing out.  I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan, always shortened to the 'U.P.'  People up here call themselves yoopers, hence the name.  I am lucky to share my passion for U2 with my kids, especially my 14-year old who signs in here as P-FLO.  He's very opinionated, but very young, so be kind to him.    Happy to be here, and looking forward to good conversation about our favorite band.

Offline U2isdebest

• Babyface
  • Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2008, 07:11:49 AM »
Hello everyone!
I'm Anna and live in the Netherlands...
I've been a U2 fan since I was 13 (that's only 5 years ago :D)
And it's "All because of you the Elevation Tour DVD"!

Offline bonovox66

• Refugee
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2008, 10:45:51 AM »
hello everyone,

My name is Robie. I live in Florida at the moment. I have been a U2 fan since 1992. Quite by accident too. I grew up in a household that played a lot of Beatles music. One day surfingthrough channels I caught a snippet of the Even Better Than the Real Thing Video ( for those of you that don't know there isa quick shot of some Beatle imposters). Well, it peaked my interest enough to check out the band more closely. After the release of Zooropa, I knew I would evote the rest of my liofe to this band.
I've seen them in concert numerous times and even got the chance to meet them on a couple of occassions.
Anyways enough about myself. Glad to be back on the board after so many years away.

Offline Starrlight

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2008, 11:55:57 AM »
Hello all. I am liking the new forums =)

Offline u2philly

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2008, 12:25:39 PM »
Hi all u guys, I am from Philly, and been a U

Offline padrepio

• Wanderer
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2008, 02:36:22 PM »
Hi there, 41 year old male u2 fan from glasgow,scotland. Been a fan since Under a blood red sky. Fave album is probably AYCLB. Favourite live songs are Bad and Until The End Of The World.

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2008, 03:03:02 PM »
hello there !
 im brian .i live in birmingham uk. i've been a fan since 85.i've been lucky enough to see the band 9 times so far.im 37 and married to nikki who is a fellow u2 fan and former member of the old atu2.com forum.we have a 6 month old daughter roisin.
good to meet you all  :)

Offline konatrem

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2008, 11:08:16 PM »
Greetings!
My name is Lisa, I live in Sacramento, Ca and I'm new to the Forum.  I first became a fan in 1987 after hearing With or Without You.  Seeing the video got me hooked.  The very first CD I ever bought was The Joshua Tree.  The case is a bit broken but it holds a special place in my collection.
I didn't see the band in concert until 2001 and was beyond excited when I traveled to Hawaii in 2006 to see the final Vertigo show.
I look forward to visiting the forum!

Offline drewbee

• Babyface
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2008, 02:38:48 AM »
G'day, it's Drew from Australia. I was registered here before under the same name, but here we are again. I like the new 2.0 layout and g'day to the rest of ya! See ya all around!

Offline luv4u2

• Wanderer
  • Sweetheart...you're so cruel
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2008, 10:20:22 PM »
Hi everyone,

New forum set-up looks great!  Congrats to all who worked on it.  I've made lots of close friends in here so welcome to anyone new and hello to anyone that's been with the forum for awhile.  I myself haven't been on lately but hope to have more time to get in here and chat in the future. 

I've been a big fan since Unforgettable Fire and specifically, Live Aid.  I'm a sucker for front men jumping off stage and dancing with girls...what can I say?  But I thought the band was amazing and I'd never really seen anything like them in my 11 year old life (giving my age away there), and my mom listened to A LOT of music.  But this was MY band.  I really only got to see them live for the first time with this last tour.  I actually got teary, I'd waited so long.  They didn't disappoint and because of them, I've met some of the best friends I've ever had in here. 

So enjoy everyone and I hope to chat with all of you soon.