Author Topic: Hello  (Read 21597 times)

Offline spacejunk

• Wanderer
  • Please don't ever let me out of you
Re: Hello
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2008, 03:44:32 AM »
Greetings from Wellington, New Zealand!

I am a 38-year-old man. In 1989 I had heard of a band called U2, but didn't really know who they were. Ten months later, after having accidentally overheard 'Desire' in a record shop, which led me to buy the 'Rattle and Hum' album, which led me to see the 'Rattle and Hum' movie eleven times, which led me to buy the band's entire catalogue in one purchase, I found myself at my first U2 concerts - six of them. Two in Sydney - the plane flight to which I had saved $1500 for by polishing a department store's brass staircases - and four in New Zealand. My entire life had undergone an unexpected change in direction - I had become a fan. The rest, as they say, is history.

Love the new forum - I feel like I've been given a new toy.

Look forward to chatting with y'all.

Offline uplate6674

• Up With the Sun
  • every poet is a thief
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2008, 02:56:42 PM »
Hi all! I figured I'd reintroduce myself since I see so many other old posters doing so :)

I'm Kathleen from Philly. I've been a fan since 1987, when my best friend's older brother lived in their parents' basement because his previous room was not big enough to hold all his musical equipment, albums, etc. And that basement was a U2 shrine like I've never seen before or since.  :o 

I bought The Joshua Tree with my allowance and was hooked for life.

Offline rhmn

• Babyface
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2008, 11:15:56 PM »

Hi,

I am Tonmoy, from Bangladesh. I am a fan of U2 since 1988. I have never seen them LIVE and yet I

think I am their biggest fan. I don't listen any other band, o-n-l-y U2.

Happy to be in your forum. Spread u2's music EVERYWHERE.

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2008, 09:25:46 AM »
I used to go by mkfg here.  I'm liking the new set up.  I live in Arizona and have been a fan since about '86.  Only saw them on the Vertigo tour - I'm not sure why I never saw them before *kicks self*

Offline Māris

• Babyface
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2008, 10:03:46 AM »
Hello, I'm Māris from Riga, Latvia. I'm 20 years old. U2 has been my favorite band since about 2003 or 2004 :) First heard about them.. hmm.. maybe in late 1990s.

Offline i_heartU2

• Stateless
  • It's a beautiful day....
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2008, 03:11:26 PM »
I'm 17 and I've been a fan for nine years.  My dad listened to U2 in college(and got to see them on tour! >:( ), so when PBS aired Under A Blood Red Sky, he taped it for me to watch...and then  I was hooked. :D My favorite albums are The Joshua Tree and All That You Can't Leave Behind. My favorite song is Beautiful Day.... and my favorite band member is Bono!! :-* lol
U2 is a major part of my life. The way I feel when I listen to their songs... I can't really explain it... but I'm sure you all know what I mean :)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2008, 03:17:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Daveyg here from Dublin! How are we all doing?

Hey Daveyg, we are all doing great on this new forum....ready for some of your great pictures soon too!!!

Offline Allison

• Babyface
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2008, 10:22:27 PM »
Hello, I'm Allison. I've thought about posting something in this topic on the old forum, but never got around to it. I consider myself to be in a love triangle of sorts. My two favorite bands are Switchfoot and U2. It was actually Switchfoot that turned me on to U2 in an indirect way. I am 25 and live in San Diego. My parents are both obsessed with music, so you would think they would have turned me on to U2, but actually it happened the  other way around. The first time I heard them was with the release of the Vertigo video on VH1. I just remember standing in the kitchen doing something when I heard this incredible sound. When I realized it was coming from the TV, I started watching the video, and I was in love. Switchfoot was the first band I LOVED and became a diehard fan of, so when I first started listening to U2, I felt like I was cheating and felt really guilty. Now I know there are different heros for different passages in our lives. Now, I am a HUGE U2 fan! Can't wait for their next tour!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 01:03:24 AM by m2 »

daveyg

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2008, 01:47:11 AM »
Daveyg here from Dublin! How are we all doing?

Hey Daveyg, we are all doing great on this new forum....ready for some of your great pictures soon too!!!

New pics? Ah yeh - I had a few in the old forum..... I'll get some @u2 only pics of U2's Dublin - just for you guys!! I have to find an hour or two this weekend to do them for you!

Offline judas1

• Babyface
  • Just had Bono sign this in NY 3/3 album release
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2008, 10:59:47 AM »
Hi All, I've been a fan since 87. Seen all tours since Achtung, but have average 13 shows per tour.  Mostly NY/NJ as I live in NJ.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2008, 09:14:41 AM »
Hey fellow U2 fans!
Simon here, been a U2 fan since 1983 when I first heard Sunday Bloody Sunday and laid eyes on that iconic War cover! I lived in Liverpool, England all my life up until February this year when I moved to Seattle, USA (through marriage). Seen the boys live 40 times, and can not wait for the new album/tour. This is my first forum though, love the @U2 website and thought I'd give it a go.
Favorite tour - Zoo TV (indoor), favorite album - Achtung Baby, Boy & Pop!

Yeah, that Zoo TV Indoor Leg was pretty special. Not a lot of shows, and it was the beginning to all of the madness.

Hey Hawk, dont you love the new forum? I used to be oceanbrz, its going to be a great year...
And hey all -- looks like our new gig here has started with a boom. This forum is way better with other people finally  ;Dposting.

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2008, 06:36:23 PM »
Hi, I'm Vicki and am 31.  I live in Massachusetts and have been a U2 fan since '87 but completely obsessed since '92.  I first saw them live on the Popmart tour and saw 10 shows during Vertigo.  I love all live music in general and go to a ton of concerts but U2 is hands down the best live band.  They are literally my "church".  I can't wait to hear the new album and am saving all of my vacation time for the next tour!  I plan on trying for 20 shows!

Offline crayon

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • Remaste(RED)
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2008, 11:35:53 AM »
I've been a fan since 1991. In early 1995 I joined Wire (u2-list) and it was all downhill from there.

Over the years I've been contributing to several various sites like u2log.com, atu2.com, u2.se, u2.com (!) and u2wanderer.org. I'm still involved in a few of the above sites to this day.  Like Zahn, kristbg, SEQ, DJ Rock 2000, u2mixer and other fans I have made a few U2 remixes, some of which have made it onto "Fruitlegs".  :o

In not so surprising news I am also a collector of U2, mostly specializing in unique song versions and covers/third party remixes. I've shared some rare stuff around the interwebs in the past and I hope to be able to do so in the future.

my suit of lights

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2008, 09:58:46 PM »
Hello to all the new folks (and old folks, too)! Crayon -- good to see you, old friend. :-)

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2008, 12:40:44 PM »
Hey Hawk, dont you love the new forum? I used to be oceanbrz, its going to be a great year...

Yeah, I figured that was you, oceanbrz. Not that I'm "profiling" anyone, or anything.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 12:48:32 PM by Hawkmoon2e »