Author Topic: Hello  (Read 22134 times)

Offline CGE

• Precious Stone
  • Without TUF there never would have been JT- Edge
Re: Hello
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2008, 06:39:54 PM »
Hello all,
It has been really interesting to read all of the intro's and the new forum is great.
I was an occasional poster on the old forum and like to look around at what other U2ers say when life slows down enough for it.
Been a fan since the early days - 1981/2. I remember when I heard "I Will Follow" and "Bad" for the first time. Both defining moments in my U2 filled life. I love the passion that U2's music is filled with and I love Bono's voice and have from the very beginning. I can still hear the throatyness whispers of anything off of UF or JT and its all okay. And who doesn't laugh at Bono sometimes?  He cracks me up when he talks and some of the things he says...too funny!
U2's music is my life's soundtrack.  There have been days when I know that whatever song I needed to hear at that moment would help me get through the day-and it did. There have also been times when the shear joy of a U2 song has just made it that much better.
I have to add that I always thought Bono's mullet was totally HOT, and I still do.  Do you think he can grow it back at this point in life??
Can we name the Old Timers club something else?  It makes me feel so so so old.  How about Crazy Mullets? Put me down to join.
Peace-Tracey

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2008, 08:50:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have to add that I always thought Bono's mullet was totally HOT, and I still do.  Do you think he can grow it back at this point in life??

Probably, but there may be a bald spot on top  ;)

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2008, 06:59:29 AM »
I think that's called a skullet.   :D

Offline bloom

• Elevated
  • These days are better than that
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2008, 07:12:59 PM »
Hi all!

Bloom here - new to the forum, but looking forward to getting involved. I'm from Canada, currently living in Nova Scotia. I was aware of U2 throughout my teens, but really got into them in 2001 when I moved to Ireland for a year. ATYCLB had just come out, and I liked that and began to buy the other albums. Then I came across a book called "Into the Heart" by Niall Stokes in the bookstore where I worked, and read it cover to cover. After that I started checking out U2 concert videos, and noticed that every single one blew my mind. Eventually I realized that I was obsessed with all things U2, and this has never really stopped being the case. I have to confess here that I tried and failed to get tickets to the Slane concert, and just kind of gave up on it without a fight - this will be one of my lifelong regrets! But at least they put it on DVD. 

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
Obsessed with U2? Well I think you have come to the right place. From one fanatic to another-welcome.  You have such good taste in music.