Author Topic: Hello  (Read 21774 times)

Offline Terrestre

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Hello
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2008, 12:58:47 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm Italian and I live in Prato (near Florence). I've been a U2 fan since ATYCLB; I was 13 and fell in love with rock music (and U2 of course). Since then I've developed an addiction to their music and to @u2.com ;) I've never been to a U2 concert and that's my biggest regret so far... I'm definetely not going to miss the next tour!

Offline moniqe

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2008, 12:33:14 PM »
hi!

Im from sLOVEnia and i`ve been a fan since 5th grade. Their music really inspire me and i love their way of doing it. I love Bonos voice, Edges great guitar playing, i love Adams bass touching and i love Larrys drum sound..lol    eeehh, i love them ALL. The only thing (well, and a few others :P) i wish for, is to see them live, doing what they do best.-Playing their amazing music!

take care yall

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2008, 11:10:54 PM »
I guess it would be a good time for me to say hello since I just registered for the first time and posted once already.  U2 has been a part of my life since 79-80  when I graduated high school.  Yes, if you do the math I am Larry and Edge's age. Your website is the best one on U2 which is why I decided to join the forum.  It seems like there are so many great and interesting fans of all ages here (especially um-older ones!).  I live just outside New York City.  Some of you older fans may figure out by my user name that I am also a huge fan of U2's Lypton Village mates the Virgin Prunes.  Any Prunes fans here too?  I love both bands for very different reasons.  Looking forward to spending some nice time here.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2008, 12:52:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I guess it would be a good time for me to say hello since I just registered for the first time and posted once already.  U2 has been a part of my life since 79-80  when I graduated high school.  Yes, if you do the math I am Larry and Edge's age. Your website is the best one on U2 which is why I decided to join the forum.  It seems like there are so many great and interesting fans of all ages here (especially um-older ones!).  I live just outside New York City.  Some of you older fans may figure out by my user name that I am also a huge fan of U2's Lypton Village mates the Virgin Prunes.  Any Prunes fans here too?  I love both bands for very different reasons.  Looking forward to spending some nice time here.

Larry and Edge's age combined?  I'll speak up, then.

W E L C O M E

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2008, 06:33:07 AM »
Hey StrongGirl, welcome.  It's great to meet someone even older than me. (And I mean that in the nicest way possible :)  Us older ladies have a lot to add to the conversation.  We remember when Bono's mullet was HOT!  And when Edge had hair.  See you around!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2008, 07:52:16 AM »
Thank you all for the welcome!  I hope to be around here often.  Who else will give me the time of day when I want to talk about my favorite topic-my husband, children & friends won't!  And yes, u2yooper, I do remember that mullet and Edge's hair so well.  I think you and I could probably talk for hours about "our" guys! As for us older ladies, I'd like to mention a role model all of the younger girls should have - Ali Hewson.
She is beautiful, smart, caring and a wonderful businesswoman with her socially conscious clothing company Edun (great stuff).  She is also exactly my age.  Let's hear it for us older ladies!!  Bono, you are one lucky man.

Offline guitarz

• Wanderer
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2008, 03:34:25 AM »
Hello all,

I guess this is the thread to introduce ourselves so here goes: (previously posted elsewhere...)

My name is Eric, I've been a fan of U2 since the Boy album. I still remember the first time I heard "I Will Follow". It was in a bar in Montreal called "Le Picasso". Sadly, that bar closed down a few years back...
Originally from Montreal Canada, I know live in Europe since 2001.
I only saw 2 shows: Joshua Tree Tour in Montreal and Vertigo in Milan. Looking forward to the next tour !!!
I play a little bit on guitar, got three of them, 2 Strats (2008 and 1977) and an Ibanez. Hunting down an Explorer and a SG...
Of course, my guitar hero is Edge... Who else??

Pleased to meet you all !!!

Long live U2 !!!

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2008, 05:05:18 AM »
Hey StrongGirl, welcome.  It's great to meet someone even older than me. (And I mean that in the nicest way possible :)  Us older ladies have a lot to add to the conversation.  We remember when Bono's mullet was HOT!  And when Edge had hair.  See you around!

I remember that too, and I wasn't an infant in diapers at the time, so does that make me an "older lady"?  ???

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2008, 11:58:59 AM »
Yes, Starfish, if you really remember the mullet (not just from photos & videos), you can join our "older ladies and gentlemen" club!  We will all have lots of fun together!  Looking forward to talking to you soon.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2008, 02:45:24 PM »
Yes, Starfish, if you really remember the mullet (not just from photos & videos), you can join our "older ladies and gentlemen" club!  We will all have lots of fun together!  Looking forward to talking to you soon.

My older sister made me sit and watch Live Aid when I was 12. She was 16 and a big David Bowie fan. She said it was the most important music event in a decade, and I have to watch it, like it or not, "It's educational". I guess it was, although this wasn't my "turning into U2 fan" moment. I came around again 2 years later when I saw the Red Rocks concert video at the time of TJT.
I presently live in Kiev, Ukraine, I've been here for the past 2 years.

Do we get an "Old Foggie" badge?  :P

I just got an error message, just in case this post shows up twice, I'm not loosing all my marbles yet.

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2008, 07:02:08 PM »
Hey Starfish.  You, StrongGirl and I can be the charter members of the Old Lady Club.  We need a catchier title.  Any ideas?  We are old enough to remember not only Bono's mullet and can verify that Edge's hair not a myth, but we actually watched Live Aid!  You must be a few years younger than me.  I think I was 16.  What an awesome day.  Did you watch it, too, StrongGirl?  Any other ladies 'of a certain age' want to join the club?   Should we start our own thread?

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2008, 04:15:50 PM »
I certainly did watch Live Aid.  It was amazing.  I'll never forget it. Yes, yooper, start the thread. I am all for it.

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2008, 08:33:40 PM »
That's great that this forum is so international.  I bet there are more countries represented here than on most of the other U2 forums  :)

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2008, 09:09:45 PM »
I have meant to say hello here for a while, but hadn't yet.  I was on the old forum but visited and posted infrequently.

I'm from Virginia and have followed the band since my high school years in the LA area.  I bought UF first and loved Pride, but became fully hooked on JT (my first CD ever).  I am now over twice that age and still love their music.  I am married with 3 kids and I teach college, so the tag line below the avatar (Edge-ucate my mind) is a reference to that as well.

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2008, 02:48:40 PM »
Hi, mschaus.  By the sounds of it, you must be an Old Lady, too.  (Or Old Man?)  UF was my first album, too.  (Actually a friend made a tape for me with UF one one side and War on the other)  See you around.