Author Topic: Are General Admission Tickets Sectioned in North America?  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Andrews11

• Babyface
Are General Admission Tickets Sectioned in North America?
« on: March 16, 2009, 06:19:52 AM »
Hey Folks,

Does anybody know if the GA standing room is going be split into sections for the tour, particularly in North America?   I'm curious as the GA tickets for last tour were in smaller arenas so it wasn't as big and easier to control.   Reason being i'm buying 4 tickets with my account and my friend is buying 4 with his account and we're wondering if there's going to be no worries for us to all to stand together at the show?

Thanks y'all!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
Re: Are General Admission Tickets Sectioned in North America?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 06:55:50 AM »
Its unlikely that GA'll be sectioned, with the exception if they have the (RED) auctioned seats ( like advertised for Amsterdam) and those aren't technically "GA" but premium floor seats to either side of the stage.   So if you get 4 + 4, then its just a matter of showing up at the stadium lineup at the same time, or picking a meeting place inside on the floor.

Offline Crewboy

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 02:37:12 PM »
Plan on the GA being sectioned off.  At least for the shows here in the States. 

I went to the final night of Vertigo at Aloha Stadium in Hawaii with GA tickets.

The field was divided into four sections to prevent people from pushing and shoving their way to the very front.

After the ellipse filled up, they had a second barrier just beyond the second stage, then a third barrier about 60 feet past that.

It kept crowd pressure from everybody trying to force their way upfront to a minimum which is what the band is going for I believe.

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 06:39:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I went to the final night of Vertigo at Aloha Stadium in Hawaii with GA tickets.

The field was divided into four sections to prevent people from pushing and shoving their way to the very front.

After the ellipse filled up, they had a second barrier just beyond the second stage, then a third barrier about 60 feet past that.

It kept crowd pressure from everybody trying to force their way upfront to a minimum which is what the band is going for I believe.

After you were in a certain section of ga, was there a way to leave and come back to that section (e.g. bathroom break) or was it, once you left, to the back you went.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 06:48:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Its been 'sectioned off' in that there's inner/ outer ellipse + barriers as you note but its all still GA ( not reserved seating). 
The inner ellipse has been by lottery and the rest first come, first served. 

@jasonthejedi - Depending how close you are - Once out, its pretty hard to get back in unless you've got a one or more friends there.  (ie) The closer you are, the harder it is to get back.