Author Topic: What is 'IT'?  (Read 6536 times)

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
Re: What is 'IT'?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 09:57:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So I am stupid am I?

I posted this damn question just for fun, if you can find any other stupid questions by me let me know and I will actually leave and never come back because I already have people like you putting me down in my real life and I do not need it here!

I thought I had friends here...

What did I miss?   ???

Offline TraKianLite/Zooropa

• Numb
  • The land was flat, the highway straight and wide.
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 10:49:02 AM »
So I am stupid am I?

I posted this damn question just for fun, if you can find any other stupid questions by me let me know and I will actually leave and never come back because I already have people like you putting me down in my real life and I do not need it here!

I thought I had friends here...

What did I miss?   ???

Same here...

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 10:50:30 AM »
I'm not following you, Dark Angel, dear.  i don't see anyone dissing you.  Maybe some people's sense of humor just doesn't come across real well.  Don't take it personally.  Walk On!

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Rock and roll doggie!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 11:51:32 AM »
I'm not following you, Dark Angel, dear.  i don't see anyone dissing you.  Maybe some people's sense of humor just doesn't come across real well.  Don't take it personally.  Walk On!

I think she may have misread TraKianLite/Zooropa's comment about "annoying people" and thought he was referring to her.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 12:06:31 PM »
I think God, Part II is right Dark Angel.  I read it all again and I believe it was just a misunderstanding.

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 01:25:35 PM »
Ok I will admit I did over react a bit can we start over TraKianLite/Zooropa?

But you understand that all I have is people telling me I am gonna get no where in my life including my teachers and parents.  So you can imagine how I feel if I mistakenly think you called me stupid. When I come on here to escape that.

Sorry  :-[

• Numb
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 03:08:34 PM »
OK, this seems to be my fault, which is fine because at least I'm no longer confused about the matter. I think yooper's comment about humour not translating very much applies. The joke was assuming the question was "what is I.T.?" but it wasn't very good.

Understand that no genuine offence was intended towards any persons living or dead, including those who do in fact work in I.T.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2008, 09:05:14 PM »
OK Dark Angel, now my mother instinct is kicking in.  Don't you EVER let anyone tell you you are going nowhere in your life!  If a teacher said that to you, then they are a disgrace to a very honorable profession. Prove them all wrong.  Every person in this world has a talent, gift and purpose.  Just take your time and figure out what yours is.

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 08:09:06 AM »
OK Dark Angel, now my mother instinct is kicking in.  Don't you EVER let anyone tell you you are going nowhere in your life!  If a teacher said that to you, then they are a disgrace to a very honorable profession. Prove them all wrong.  Every person in this world has a talent, gift and purpose.  Just take your time and figure out what yours is.

Always remember, your teacher and parents and any other person you exalt s**t and fart just like you do.  You beat out literally millions and millions of sperm cells in your journey to daylight so stake your claim!  (I know that none of this advice was particularly tasteful, but it is valid)

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 10:19:54 AM »
Thanks for making me feel better!

I guess I shoulldn't care what people think, but it just gets to me sometimes. Also I am just scared because everyone seems to have these career paths planned out and the teacher say its what I should do, but me (and some of my friends) have no idea! I suppose it will come to me in time!

:)

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 10:37:58 AM »
God, Part II, your replies always sound just like my husband.  If he asks me what I'm reading, and I turn around and say (for example)  "Do you play a musical instrument?" or "What's your favorite kind of pie?",  his answer is always identical to yours.  Are you sure we aren't married?

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 11:13:35 AM »
God, Part II, your replies always sound just like my husband.  If he asks me what I'm reading, and I turn around and say (for example)  "Do you play a musical instrument?" or "What's your favorite kind of pie?",  his answer is always identical to yours.  Are you sure we aren't married?

he he...if we are, don't tell my other wife.

Offline bombergirl

• Wanderer
  • yooper jr.
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 06:30:52 PM »
IT is Larry doing the "boom-chas!"  ;D
Back on the IT topic, this is as IT as IT will ever get! ;D  ;)[/color]

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2008, 11:52:49 AM »
Thanks for making me feel better!

I guess I shoulldn't care what people think, but it just gets to me sometimes. Also I am just scared because everyone seems to have these career paths planned out and the teacher say its what I should do, but me (and some of my friends) have no idea! I suppose it will come to me in time!

:)

Dark Angel,

Don't feel bad, I am almost 31 years old and still don't have my career path planned out  ;)  I just fell into the credit industry and really enjoy it, but have been having a real rough time lately since the credit crisis hit.  I have been fortunate to still have my job, but have no idea how long it will last and no clue what I will do if I lose my job. 

Anyway, to answer your question, IT is U2!   ;D

• Numb
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2008, 01:28:16 PM »
Quote from: Mary Schmich
Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don't.