Author Topic: Is Boots the worst song U2 have ever recorded?  (Read 14235 times)

joegtheog

Re: Is Boots the worst song U2 have ever recorded?
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2009, 05:18:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That's good.    :)

Seeing as you're so clever, how about this:

You'll soon identify a certain group of folks on here who specialize in posting their love for U2.  They do it in a variety of ways, usually carefully couched terms laced with joy and passion, or threads that start off with a leading question, designed to elicit a response.  Sometimes it makes for interesting reading, but mostly its repetitive and boring.

I thought this was a forum.

I appreciate the imitation.  :)

Perhaps certain people here should stop moaning about anyone who has anything negative to say about U2 and realise that going on about how marvelous they are and what a fantastic human being Bono is, is equally boring.

Please do come back with something clever though.

Ok.   :)

dentalboy

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2009, 05:52:48 PM »
I was nervous when Boots was released weeks before the album. I wasn't crazy for it.
Any U2 music I don't like I just wait patiently because eventually I will come around to liking it.

wow, why come here do discuss what you "hate" about U2?

Let me ask you this:
Who else is out there to get excited about?
What other band in history was still relevant after 30 years?
Appreciate these guys.
Happy St Paddy's Day!

You'll soon identify a certain group of folks on here who specialize in posting their "dislike" about U2.  They do it in a variety of ways, usually carefully couched terms laced with venom, or threads that start off with a leading question, designed to elicit a response.  Sometimes it makes for interesting reading, but mostly its repetitive and boring.

You won't have to look hard.  It becomes evident after a short while.

I concur

Just because we aren't all sycophants in agreat big "U2 Love In" dosen't mean we can't have an opinion. It's not that we hate U2 I happen to love them , we are just not swayed by the cult that operates around here . They're good , have been great but if we think they're going through a purple patch can we not vvoice our opinions as well.

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
  • Feel like trash, You make me feel clean...
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2009, 05:57:41 PM »
I was nervous when Boots was released weeks before the album. I wasn't crazy for it.
Any U2 music I don't like I just wait patiently because eventually I will come around to liking it.

Let me ask you this:
Appreciate these guys.
Happy St Paddy's Day!

You'll soon identify a certain group of folks on here who specialize in posting their "dislike" about U2.  They do it in a variety of ways, usually carefully couched terms laced with venom, or threads that start off with a leading question, designed to elicit a response.  Sometimes it makes for interesting reading, but mostly its repetitive and boring.

I concur

Just because we aren't all sycophants in agreat big "U2 Love In" dosen't mean we can't have an opinion. It's not that we hate U2 I happen to love them , we are just not swayed by the cult that operates around here . They're good , have been great but if we think they're going through a purple patch can we not vvoice our opinions as well.

blah, blah, blah, blah

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2009, 06:00:05 PM »

Let me ask you this:
Appreciate these guys.
Happy St Paddy's Day!

I concur

blah, blah, blah, blah

Forum: A public meeting place for open discussion.

Circle Jerk: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You're in the wrong place for what you're looking for

dentalboy

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2009, 06:00:13 PM »
Very intelligent reply , can tell you're some sort of genius

Offline HUNGRYTICKETS

• Wanderer
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2009, 06:15:09 PM »

Let me ask you this:
Appreciate these guys.
Happy St Paddy's Day!

I concur

I just asked, 'why come in HERE to talk about "hating" U2?' Craigs List is a more appropriate site to let out the hostility.

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »

Let me ask you this:
Appreciate these guys.
Happy St Paddy's Day!

I concur

blah, blah, blah, blah

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don't get your panties in a knot.  I was just expressing my opinion, which is part of having an open discussion.  Native, you mean you can tell someones intelligence level from one dissenting post?  No, sir, you must be the genius.

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2009, 06:19:06 PM »

Let me ask you this:
Appreciate these guys.
Happy St Paddy's Day!

I concur

blah, blah, blah, blah

[/quote]

Don't get your panties in a knot.  I was just expressing my opinion, which is part of having an open discussion.

[/quote]

So you want to use the open discussion forum to express  your disdain for those wanting to have an open discussion.

Got it.

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2009, 06:29:09 PM »

Let me ask you this:
Appreciate these guys.
Happy St Paddy's Day!

I concur

blah, blah, blah, blah

Don't get your panties in a knot.  I was just expressing my opinion, which is part of having an open discussion.

[/quote]

So you want to use the open discussion forum to express  your disdain for those wanting to have an open discussion.

Got it.

[/quote]

Wow.  Junior, you should go into politics because you are excellent at twisting words around to get them to mean what you want them to mean.  I was expressing my disagreement with Native's opinion of me being a sycophant and that there's some "cult" operating around here.  I've seen just as many negative posts as I have positive.  I was referring to his opinion, not him personally.  I don't even know him and have no disdain for him.  I understand that none of this is personal, just an open discussion about opinions.

Facetious:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:56:29 PM by NOLA Fly »

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2009, 06:29:41 PM »
Boots has deeper lyrics (about women) than I think you give it credit.  as for the worst song, not only are you wrong about Boots being the worst, this entire idea needs to be titled, "the A Man and a Woman thread."  easily the worst song they've done (the album version....acoustic was tolerable).

Album version of Miami is a close second.

Unknown Caller is the coolest song on NLOTH.  Great lyrics with a spiritual yet modern-day application.  and it builds in a really cool way.

Awesome, I was starting to feel like I was the only one who really LOVED "Unknown Caller."

joegtheog

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2009, 06:46:18 PM »
Boots has deeper lyrics (about women) than I think you give it credit.  as for the worst song, not only are you wrong about Boots being the worst, this entire idea needs to be titled, "the A Man and a Woman thread."  easily the worst song they've done (the album version....acoustic was tolerable).

Album version of Miami is a close second.

Unknown Caller is the coolest song on NLOTH.  Great lyrics with a spiritual yet modern-day application.  and it builds in a really cool way.

Awesome, I was starting to feel like I was the only one who really LOVED "Unknown Caller."

Unknown Caller is a great song.

joegtheog

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2009, 07:02:07 PM »

Let me ask you this:
Appreciate these guys.
Happy St Paddy's Day!

I concur

blah, blah, blah, blah

Got it.

[/quote]

Wow.  Junior, you should go into politics because you are excellent at twisting words around to get them to mean what you want them to mean.  I was expressing my disagreement with Native's opinion of me being a sycophant and that there's some "cult" operating around here.  I've seen just as many negative posts as I have positive.  I was referring to his opinion, not him personally.  I don't even know him and have no disdain for him.  I understand that none of this is personal, just an open discussion about opinions.

Facetious  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[/quote]

They know that, NOLA.  They just need a response and attention.  They know it has nothing to do with having an open discussion.  It's easy to toss around words like "sycophant" when they are disagreed with.  Sometimes I get the feeling that they are shocked that people disagree with their opinions.  Very rarely do I see someone say "get off this forum". Rather, someone will question them "why do you spend so much time hating U2?" and then the response to that ususally is something along the lines of "It's a forum, it's a free country."  I figured out that it is this particular forum they NEED. They need the conflict, the fights, all that.  I'm sure there are dozens of websites and forums dedicated to how crappy a band U2 are.  But that would be no FUN. I have absolutely no problem identifying music that U2 has done which I think is horrible. I have absolutely no problem debating the merits and drawbacks of one album over another. Just dont disagree with the "Purple Patch Posse".

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2009, 07:16:10 PM »

Let me ask you this:
Appreciate these guys.
Happy St Paddy's Day!

I concur

blah, blah, blah, blah

Got it.

Facetious  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[/quote]

They know that, NOLA.  They just need a response and attention.  They know it has nothing to do with having an open discussion.  It's easy to toss around words like "sycophant" when they are disagreed with.  Sometimes I get the feeling that they are shocked that people disagree with their opinions.  Very rarely do I see someone say "get off this forum". Rather, someone will question them "why do you spend so much time hating U2?" and then the response to that ususally is something along the lines of "It's a forum, it's a free country."  I figured out that it is this particular forum they NEED. They need the conflict, the fights, all that.  I'm sure there are dozens of websites and forums dedicated to how crappy a band U2 are.  But that would be no FUN. I have absolutely no problem identifying music that U2 has done which I think is horrible. I have absolutely no problem debating the merits and drawbacks of one album over another. Just dont disagree with the "Purple Patch Posse".
[/quote]

Well put, Joe.  Thanks for chiming in.  Good to know you're around.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2009, 07:25:21 PM »
Yes i think boots is, its an irritant, nothing fits together on the song whatsoever and I hate the way it kicks in, it cries out for an intro.

InThisHeartland

« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2009, 08:15:31 PM »
Stupid question. Especially if the person asking has heard "Viva Davidoff" from the Miss Sarajevo single. Listen to that song, then tell me you'd rather have that on the new album instead of boots.