Author Topic: March 11th to June 30th - do we usually wait this long?  (Read 1101 times)

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
March 11th to June 30th - do we usually wait this long?
« on: March 16, 2009, 10:49:25 PM »
My memory is phasing me, and besides not wanting to look it up online, i have to ask, why are we waiting 3 months to start touring? Doesn't bother me, just curious.

Offline grymarg

• Babyface
Re: March 11th to June 30th - do we usually wait this long?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 05:03:13 AM »
bit of a gap agreed but they will be sharp as hell when they do play

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 05:59:19 AM »
agreed, but i thin the album delay probably meant a rethink on the tour, they usually go USA, Europe, USA, ROW...also the choice to go outdoors logistically rules out a early start to the tour, yeah they could have done Florida, California, Arizona etc in the late winter / early spring the europe, however, ir was probably right to target europe mid - late summer then the US...i heard that it's highly likely the tour will retunr to eurpoe summer 2010 which would be good, always think we lose out to the US. I then understnd it's ROW through to end of 2010.

I gues it will depend on the album bono alludes to delivering next year sons of ascent.

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 06:09:20 AM »
I think it was around 4 months between the release date of HTDAAB and the Vertigo tour to begin last time, so this is probably normal.