Author Topic: why GA ticket?  (Read 1386 times)

Offline pt1916

• Stateless
why GA ticket?
« on: March 17, 2009, 01:17:08 PM »
Hi all,

I'm new to this! Why do a fans here want to have GA tickets. Are they standing? Sorry if this is obvious! I'm breathe and getting tickets for croke park so interested.

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: why GA ticket?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 01:22:46 PM »
it is all down to preference...GA is pitch i.e sanding tickets, most people want to stand to be nearer the action(get in the pit / heart etc)...not sure if this will happen on this tour but the stage diagrams makes it look like  couple of thousand fans will get into a sectioned off area close to the stage.

In big football type stadiums, sometimes you can feel detached form the gig in the stands, i guess if depends whether you want to stand up for several hours or have the luxury of turning up when you want knowing you have a reserved seat.

I'm boots and hoping i get GA for croke park

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 05:21:47 PM »
hi i've always gone GA standing . manly because you get closer to the band and the atmosphere jumping up and down in the crowd is great!
 But a word of warning don't drink too much beer and need to go out to the toilet a nightmare to get out and back ! ;D

got mt GA tickets for cardiff today  ;D

Offline SaintMike

• Refugee
  • Sponsored by Blackberry!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 09:27:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
hi i've always gone GA standing . manly because you get closer to the band and the atmosphere jumping up and down in the crowd is great!
 But a word of warning don't drink too much beer and need to go out to the toilet a nightmare to get out and back ! ;D

got mt GA tickets for cardiff today  ;D

I love being close to the band, but I love being drunk and going to the bathroom knowing my seat will be there when I get back.

That's why I hate stadium shows - the seats are so far away.  I'm thinking that (just like last U2 tour) the seats down low and directly behind the stage will be the best bang for your buck.  Bono always takes a little bit of time to make us feel welcome back there anyhow.