Author Topic: STREETS-R.I.P? I dont think so...  (Read 3447 times)

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
Re: STREETS-R.I.P? I dont think so...
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2009, 06:26:55 AM »
I would stake my entire U2 collection (1500 songs) on the fact that they will NEVER retire "Streets".  They all pretty much say how much they like performing it live.  Edge especially.  My thing is when they just launch into Edge's arpeggio off of the D chord.  Start with the keyboard boys.  Always! I just read that Eno was the one who came up with that intro.  Thought it was Edge.  I know Edge did recorded the arpeggio beginning and then brought it in.  I also read that Eno almost destroyed the tape it was so frustrating.  I think it was Eno at least.  Glad he developed patience! Great song and live it is unstoppable.

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2009, 08:20:33 AM »
So I am sitting in multiple-mile backup #2 on I-95 . . . things are not even crawling, and I have no idea which lane is closed.  Which song do I play over, over, and over again to keep my spirits uplifted?  STREETS from Slane Castle!  It is not my favorite U2 song, but with its chord progressions, suspensions, and energy it transports me in a special way.  I was doing my best to keep my foot on the brake pedal and not jump - and great music inspires movement.  I almost honked my horn b/c I was drumming on the steering wheel.  Yes, U2 needs to play this live.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2009, 08:41:23 AM »
There would be a riot if they didn't play it, but was surprised they didn't play it on the Live in Paris DVD so you just never know.