Author Topic: 2nd nights  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Manjoe

• Babyface
2nd nights
« on: March 20, 2009, 04:34:20 AM »
Anyone know when the 2nd nights for Gothenburg, Milan and Amsterdam started selling? Was it right after the 1st night sold out or on a separate day?

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
Re: 2nd nights
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 05:24:10 AM »
Goth and Ams happened during the first day of public sale, Milan2 was announced a few days after the first night went on sale, Milan2 had a presale this week before today's public sale.

Maybe they will do this with Wembley2, but it would be daft to delay like this as surely 99% of UK fans have used their presale codes already.

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 06:00:29 AM »
im surprised no second dates have been announced yet.you can still get seats tix for most of the uk dates apart from wembley ga has pretty much sold out everywhere !

Offline Hohat

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 06:08:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
im surprised no second dates have been announced yet.you can still get seats tix for most of the uk dates apart from wembley ga has pretty much sold out everywhere !

But it does appear to only be singles left (at Wembley at least), and so I would hope they'd put the second dates on sale pretty quickly.

If I remember correctly from memory of previous tours, I think additional dates for London concerts later on the same day that the original dates went on sale - that was definitely the case for the Elevation tour in 2001, but I think (but am not completely sure) the same thing happened in the Vertigo tour - for that tour, I had bought tickets in the pre-sale, so didn't pay quite as much attention to the public sale date!

As for this time, I got Wembley tickets this morning in the public sale, and am now eagerly awaiting Wembley 2...

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 06:16:02 AM »
seetickets has wembley has sheffield as sold out !ticketmaster has seating tix for sheffield though

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 10:18:10 AM »
Gothenburg and Amsterdam were announced immediately as the 1st show began to sell out, Milan took 1 week before the second show was announced.

They are supposed to be back in europe summer 2010 so apart from Wembley(which must be guaranteed another concert on sat / sun) and a poss 3rd croke park gig, i dont think there will be many additional 2dates announced.

We'll see though, there does appear to be big gaps on the calander for europe.

Offline mstevensmcs

• Refugee
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 07:25:03 PM »
A lot of gaps in the North American leg as well-at this point they're probably trying to figure out where they'll get confirmed sell-outs.
They've had odd luck out here in Northern California with stadiums, i.e. first night Joshua Tree-Oakland sold out in minutes in 87' the second night-Oakland didn't and there were still 1,000's of tickets available for night 2 on night one, I seem to remember an announcement through the PA in Oakland that first night that they still had seats available for the next night, but that may have been a print ad as well-it's been 22 years, memory fades.
 Zoo TV outdoors Oakland sold quickly due to it being the only NorCal show on that leg. Popmart in Oakland had much the same syndrome as in 87' :first show quickly sold out and was well attended, second night surplus tickets and not as many people in the third tier as the previous night. I'm not surprised that they're holding back given the economic morass we're all in. I WAS surprised that they lowered prices so radically ($50.00 GA's are almost unheard of over here anymore-average now is around $65.00-$80.00 depending on the artist.

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 02:36:15 AM »

I haven't used my presale code yet. I was hoping to get good seats for Wembley but I couldn't get anything close enough to the stage so I decided to wait for Wembley 2, or maybe Croke Park 3. If there's no presale for either of these then I may check the US dates in the autumn.

It is a bit difficult seeing all those SOLD OUT signs go up and read other people's tales of getting their tix whilst I'm still without ... Eek!